JDA is searching for a Sr. Solution Architect for our Implementation Services group, specific to the JDA Supply Chain Planning & Optmization. This position can be located anywhere in the US.
* Assists Project Managers in planning efforts including detailed project plan task detail (work breakdown structure) based on the specific phase/need of the project
* Communicates and/or supports the business cases to Product Management Group and Product Development regarding specific trends for future product functionality and enhancements.
* As required, ability to represent JDA in industry conferences, workshops preferred
* Facilitates/leads business diagnostics, process analysis and/or design workshops to help flush out as-is and desired to-be solution state and ultimately writes a solution design document to support business requirements
* Leads the writing of functional specifications during the design phase of the project that supports the documented solution design
* Develops functional business process test scripts (step by step instructional how to do) which outline new or updated end user functional processes supported by the solution design which may include standard application functionality, customized modifications, data interfaces, reports/layouts, … Prepares for and conducts customized end user training workshops to support application training content outside of base application knowledge / JDA Certifications
* Is a thought leader in their Product Solution area of focus and is able to apply that knowledge to customer situations
* Provides advice to customers regarding industry best practices and process methodology
* Recognizes and highlights incremental revenue opportunities with existing customers / projects.
* Serves as a functional liaison and attends and contributes to key meetings between JDA project team, key customer contacts, and customer users, up to and including key executive project sponsors
* Understands how the JDA solutions within area of focus can be configured and delivered to better facilitate customer business processes (ensuring ability to design, execute, and deliver)
* Setup and coordinate user acceptance testing efforts which will support final acceptance and critical phase sign-off by the business owners
* Follows up on cases opened up with JDA Support Services to help in resolving defects for the customer.
* Provides non-technical end user support during the 'go-live' and post go live period
* Ensures knowledge transfer is conducted with key customer project team / end users to maximize customer's on their own success after JDA's project roll-off
* Communicate project risks that may have a negative impact on the project schedule, scope or budget
* Escalate project issues which surface and cannot be quickly resolved which will have an impact on the project schedule, scope or budget
* Completes assigned and agreed to work within allotted time and with a high level of quality
* Conducts oneself in a professional manner at all times with JDA customers and internal associates
* 8+ years of hands-on experience in forecasting or inventory management or as a consultant providing supply chain solutions for customers
* 3+ years of specific experience working within JDA SCPO (Supply Chain Planning & Optimization as either a customer of JDA's or as a consultant implementing JDA solutions for customers. Relevant solutions consulting and implementation experience with other leading supply chain planning solutions such as i2, Oracle, SAP, Demantra or leading ERP may be considered
* Strong business analysis skills, understanding and usage of statistical algorithms, inventory optimization concepts, awareness of tactical planning on overall supply chain required
* Experience in configuration and or workings of additional JDA supply chain planning applications such as collaborate, master planning, sequencing, reporting desired
* Relevant industry certification from APICS, IBF, INFORM will be a plus
* Advanced degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Logistics or Operations Research preferred. A combination of Bachelors degree and relevant industry experience may be considered in lieu of advanced degree
* Current or prior experience working in Management consulting organization or Supply Chain Center or Excellence settings preferred
* Ability to prepare and deliver presentations for user, management, and executive level audiences. Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills required
* This position requires a minimum of 75% travel.
If you want to know the heart of a company, take a look at their values. Ours unite us. They are what drive our success - and the success of our customers. Does your heart beat like ours? Find out here: Core Values
Check out JDA's blog - Supply Chain Nation - the platform for supply chain trends and innovations.