Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. Raytheon gains inspiration from a noble mission, shared by Raytheon employees around the globe, while providing an inclusive culture empowering employees and celebrating their contributions.
The Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) Engineering Quality (EQ) organization enables engineering quality solutions, capabilities and services to the business. Most important is collaboration with our functional partners and customers (internal and external) to execute and solve problems quickly and efficiently. EQ embeds itself throughout the Engineering lifecycle to prevent defects from reaching the warfighter and to ensure flawless program execution to meet quality, cost, schedule and technical objectives.
We have an immediate need for a Software (SW) Quality Engineer (QE) to join the IDS MFRFS program located in McKinney, Texas. The position is responsible for Software Quality reviews in association with the software build process and delivery of various product lines. The ideal candidate will be motivated and highly capable of collaborating and interacting with various MFRFS Product Line disciplines and other Raytheon businesses.
* Assess Engineering work products (Peer Reviews, Configuration Control Boards, Code Reviews, Product Readiness and Sale, etc.) to identify and eliminate in-phase defects. * Perform project data analysis to drive root cause and correction action * Participate in test preparation and execution to ensure requirement verification * Review Risk and Opportunity data to lead projects to eliminate risks and/or realize opportunities * Investigate failures, participate in failure review boards, support failure investigation teams and drive root cause analysis * Drive continuous improvement
NOTE: This position can be a Salary Grade G09 or Salary Grade G10 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
* Minimum of 6 years SW Engineering, SW Testing or equivalent SW lifecycle experience * Ability to obtain Department of Defense Secret Clearance
* Domain knowledge in SW Coding and/or Testing * Domain knowledge in Agile, Code Analysis and/or Test Automation techniques * Demonstrated Applied Critical Thinking Skills * Ability to influence without authority, experience with cross-functional teams * Experience in multiple phases of the program / product life cycle * Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action expertise * Existing Secret Clearance * Ability to prioritize workload in a multi-tasking, resource constrained work environment * Prior Quality Engineering experience * American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certification, R6s Expert or Six-Sigma Black Belt
Raytheon Six-Sigma Principal Specialist or Expert
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience presenting to leadership
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
What We Offer: Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America's Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.
Stay Connected: Don't miss out on what's happening at Raytheon.
* Follow @Raytheon on Twitter * Follow Raytheon on YouTube * Follow Raytheon on LinkedIn * Follow Raytheon Company on Instagram
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
Raytheon: Making the World a Safer Place
"Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
* Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
141314BR 141314 Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Type Of Job
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.