This is an opportunity to lead and innovate in a fast-moving, dynamic company environment. The Sr. Software Project Manager is client facing, confident and consultative. Our ideal candidate will be a proven leader in the pharmaceutical industry, or as a consultant, with a strong track record of working with teams and high level customers to bring new solutions to the healthcare and life-sciences market. The position is based out of San Diego and requires up to 20% travel, domestically and internationally.
* Provide hands on expertise in the areas of program management, software implementation, customer support and client account management.
* Lead AGILE software development process acting as scrum master/team leader for a cross functional software development team.
* Act as liaison to clinical trial program management team for representation on solution delivery for a specific clinical trial solution
* Responsible for client satisfaction and delivery metrics (on time / on budget).
* Ensure compliance with all contract deliverables, terms and service level agreements.
* Create and maintain detailed project plans; monitor, track and report on project progress; manage project scope, issues, risks and change orders.
* Direct individual and team weekly goals, and monitor progress through a positive, collaborative, and encouraging work environment.
* Ensure all projects remain on schedule. Items with scheduling risk (potential delays) are proactively reallocated, assigned additional resources or properly re-prioritized.
* Produce timely and accurate reporting against project timelines and other metrics.
* Clearly communicate priorities and status to internal stakeholders.
* Interface with internal and external stakeholders to understand requirements and issues.
* Manage and direct customer support activities.
* Lead client account management teams, post-sales support and organic growth initiatives.
* Develop and implement tailored programs that provide continued value to the customer, ensure contract renewals and drive long-term account growth.
* Participate in various phases of pre-sales support.
* Minimum 8 years in project management and client product/service delivery, implementing enterprise systems and software with at least 3 years managing large-scale and complex enterprise software projects.
* Required knowledge and experience managing team's responsible software design/development, testing, technical operations and technical support.
* Prior success as primary client interface, program manager for enterprise software implementation project.
* Experience managing web/mobile application development, system integration, consulting or other technology delivery projects.
* Experience in managing Agile software development projects
* BS/BA in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred
* Advanced knowledge of formal project management methodology
* Demonstrated advanced experience with the working environment which applies to the scope of projects to be managed (e.g. software development, information technology or business process projects)
* Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and deliver projects
* Strong organization and planning skills
* Excellent written and verbal skills
* Ability to provide leadership using best practice project management methods
* Ability to resolve problems with minimal management assistance; escalates appropriately
* To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
* PMP or similar certification
* AGILE Scrum Master or similar certifications
* Voice of customer or Product Owner for AGILE software implementation experience
* Knowledge of clinical research (pharma, device and/or biotech sectors)
* Knowledge of clinical Research SaaS technology
* Understanding of healthcare security and compliance (HIPAA, Annex 11, FDA 21 CFR Part 11, etc.)
* Knowledge and experience with mobile development platforms and frameworks
* Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities. Moves quickly to address unexpected problems or opportunities.
PRA is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to providing opportunities to minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.