Sr. Software Engineering Manager, Enterprise Engineering
We are building a financial platform that operates at Wayfair's scale of growth across the US, UK, and EU. Thinking outside the box to apply innovative solutions is not only encouraged, but expected. Technology on our team is growing at an accelerating pace as we rethink what it means to provide actionable insight to every line of business within Wayfair, as well as our external suppliers and partners. We learn from rapid experimentation alongside our project managers and business stakeholders, and aggressively use our data to drive our decision making. We are looking for new ideas from a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences, and encourage innovation at all levels.
What You'll Do
* Manage with cross-functional scope including tech leads and managers. Build a strong team with a capable leadership through effective hiring, onboarding, retention, and continuous improvement.
* Own roadmap and collaborate with stakeholders on priorities and direction of the space.
* Break down complex initiatives into concrete iterative pieces.
* Seek out, define, and evolve best practices within teams' area of focus as well as initiatives that raise the standards across the organization.
* Balance the best technical solutions with the long-term needs of the organization.
* Develop and communicate roadmaps to team and stakeholders, promoting transparency in decision-making along the way.
What You'll Need
* Experience managing a team of engineering managers.
* Mastery leading or managing a team of software engineers and delivery of business impacting applications.
* Proficient in cross-functional consensus building and influencing without authority.
* Proficient in designing systems at scale.
* Proficient in effective troubleshooting and issue resolution techniques.
* Proficient in a server side programming language (PHP and python preferred but not required).
* Proficient in a frontend framework (React preferred but not required).
* Proficient in writing SQL queries against a relational database.
Wayfair is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair is an online retailer of home products for bedrooms, living rooms, kitchen and dining, home entertainment, bathrooms and more.