VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America's Smart TV and Sound Bar Company. VIZIO's mission is to be the industry leader in Consumer Electronics by consistently delivering the latest technologies at the most affordable price. VIZIO's brand promise is to deliver innovative, premium-quality consumer electronics with an unwavering focus on the needs of our consumers. We are currently seeking a Sr. Software Engineer, Platform & Firmware at our Dallas, TX Office.
We are looking for someone with experience in porting software for various embedded devices, single page web-application development, embedded application development. If you have experience in application framework for native and web applications, graphics engine & windowing system development, then we want to talk to you!
* Porting software for various embedded devices, single page web-application development, embedded application development.
* Defining application framework for native and web applications, graphics engine & windowing system development.
What you bring to the table:
* Bachelors or Masters in Computer science or Electronics or Electrical engineering
* 8+ years of experience in architecture & design, prototyping, software development & implementation plan, code review and unit testing for consumer electronic devices.
* Proven experience in coding using Object Oriented Concepts, Operating System Concepts and Inter process communication.
* Experience in source control systems such as git, svn, clear-case.
* Experience in device driver development, kernel, and firmware software technologies.
* Deep understanding of software architecture, development methodologies, triaging, debugging, automating, and releasing a high-quality features E2E in a complex heterogeneous environment.
* Experience in creating HAL layers, Platform SDK.
* Proven experience with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and OSI models.
* Preferred to have video player development and digital video standards such as HLS, DASH, EME, MSE, MPEG2-TS, SCTE-35, Closed captioning
Vizio designs, manufactures and markets high-definition LCD/LED flat panel televisions and other home entertainment products.