At AppDynamics, our Application Intelligence Platform empowers today's software-defined businesses with the ability to proactively monitor, manage, and optimize the most complex software environments. Because we start with user interactions, our platform can dynamically collect millions of performance data points across your applications and infrastructure. We then apply intelligence to instantly identify performance anomalies, enable automatic fixes and continuously measure business impact. And all this happens in real time, in production, with cloud or on-premise deployment flexibility. So even in the most dynamic production environments, you can know more and know it faster. It's more than monitoring-it's true Application Intelligence. For more information, visit www.appdynamics.com.
About the role
In this role, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of software development tools. You will provide architectural oversight as well as hands-on development leadership to all things developer productivity, this includes tools, frameworks, cli, build, release, source control, workflows, pipelines and automation. You will work closely with our operations engineers to build a CD pipeline and with our product's software engineers to make sure our builds are fast, parallelizable, reliable and always green! Our product development is primarily Java and also includes .Net, Python. If you have a passion for creating and optimizing tools that increase developer productivity at large scale build infrastructures, and you like being on the bleeding edge of this field, let's talk!
* 3-5 years+ of previous experience in creating, maintaining and building tools, self-service portals, frameworks and build related infrastructure for complex, distributed products, which rely on a mix of target technologies.
* Experience developing and maintaining tools in Java, Python or at least one language.
* Experience with object oriented design, data structures and multithreaded algorithms.
* Expertise in modern build and source control infrastructure tools, such as Bitbucket, TeamCity, Artifactory, Git, Python, Java, Maven, Gradle, Gerrit, Nexus, and Docker.
* Solid understanding of software tooling, build systems taxonomy and concepts (CI, CD, etc.)
* Experience managing a large number of servers running Linux and Windows
* Excellent scripting skills in languages such as Bash, Ant, Python, Gradle, Maven and Ruby
* Knowledge of general Computer Science concepts
* Knowledge of virtualized and cloud computing infrastructures (e.g. EC2, S3, VMWare)
* Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to work with various constituents in different levels of the organization
* BS in CS or related discipline highly desirable
Nice to have:
* Experience with AWS infrastructure
* Experience with DevOps engineering concepts
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
* Medical, dental, vision coverage
* 401k match (4.5%)
* Wellness perks (hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
* 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
* Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
* Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks your heart desires, monthly happy hour events, and weekly massages
* Brand new state of the art office in downtown San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station
* Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.
AppDynamics develops application performance management solutions that deliver problem resolution for highly distributed applications.