Do you have passion for building distributed services and insights/analytics on Bigdata?
Growth hack your career! Join the Commercial Experiences Group (CXG) - the new generation of platform/experiences which enables Azure, the fastest-growing cloud platform in the world which makes billions of dollars of revenue!
We develop and manage low latency and high throughput services for azure billing, cost management and Bigdata Analytics. The culture within team is one of equal opportunity and where having fun together and working collaboratively is as important as the code we deliver, that we can achieve much more together than we can as individuals. If you enjoy driving innovation and passionate about building services using latest cutting-edge technologies, this is the right opportunity for you!
As a Software Engineer on our team you will specialize in building large scale distributed Bigdata services for critical customer scenarios. You will be empowered to envision, design, code and ship key features. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of people from across the company, giving you a wide exposure and a broad technical surface area.
* Bachelor/Masters degree in computer science/Math/Engineering, or equivalent educational experience
* 5+ years of strong design, coding, testing and troubleshooting experience with large scale distributed systems
* Programming skills in one of Scala, Spark/Hadoop, T-SQL, C# .Net is desirable
* 3+ years of development experience in SQL or Bigdata platforms is preferred
* Demonstrated ability to drive and deliver high quality features
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
* Design and develop key Bigdata pipelines/services, storage services using Scala, Spark/Hadoop, T-SQL, C# .Net, Python and other open-source technologies.
* Design and develop highly available and fault-tolerant systems.
* Own technical design of components, code, tests, monitoring etc. for your features
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.