The primary role of the Senior Software Developer will be to design and build cutting edge user experiences for our consumer facing applications for web and connected TVs both client-side and cloud- based technologies. The Senior Software Developer will work closely with product owners, UX designers, front end and back end developers to help build the next generation consumer video streaming platform.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Build "best in class" content discovery and video streaming experiences for STARZ subscribers
* Participate in code reviews with staff as necessary to ensure a high quality, performant product
* Collaborate with the broader Digital Platforms team including the leadership team, quality assurance professionals, designers, business analysts and other software engineers in an open, creative environment
* Be a subject matter expert for our client applications, backend services and business
* Contribute to all aspects of the software creation process:
* Software architecture and design
* Object-oriented development
* Unit testing/test-driven development
* Integration testing
* o Post-deployment production support and troubleshooting
* 5-8+ years experience in an enterprise or consumer software development environment
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline is preferred
* Expert level programming skills creating applications using frameworks such as Angular, React, Node.js
* Experience developing consumer facing user interfaces and supporting UI controls/components.
* Must possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills which will be used to diagnose, debug and solve issues
* Strong knowledge of cloud environments (Amazon, Google, Azure)
* Ability to write clean, readable, maintainable code
* Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience instrumenting applications with digital marketing technologies
Travel & Proximity Requirements
An Ideal candidate is located in the Denver-Metro area and is capable of being based in Englewood, Colorado.
* Employees working in the Englewood offices may be asked to travel 1-2 times per year for training or to attend industry conferences.
STARZ (www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), is a leading global media and entertainment company that provides premium subscription video programming on domestic U.S. pay television networks and produces and distributes content for worldwide audiences, including its investment in the STARZ PLAY Arabia OTT service.
STARZ is the ultimate destination for obsessable TV, movies and more. Characters who pull you in and stories that stay with you. From bold Original Series to the best movies, whatever you love, STARZ ignites your passions.
STARZ offers a competitive compensation package and an attractive benefits program to all eligible employees including a variety of healthcare plans, dental and vision insurance, 401k, life/disability insurance. Eligible employees will enjoy paid time off in the form of vacation and company holidays.
STARZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that all applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of gender, age, race, national origin, disability, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, STARZ will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Starz Networks is a leading provider of premium subscription video programming through the flagship.