Sr. Software Engineer, Services Engineering
The My Account team empowers customers by providing them world-class solutions to service their needs once an order is placed. Our mission is to provide all the necessary tools to our customers so that they can resolve their order related needs without having to contact Customer Service. We serve a global customer base and build solutions that are used by hundreds of thousands of customers every day. We are a data-driven team that believes in basing our decisions by looking at data and customer feedback. We believe in experimentation through A/B tests or user testing and love to take risks.
What You'll Do
* Develop best in class interactive experiences to solve customer problems.
* Architect and lead major project initiatives for your group.
* Challenge existing architecture and code quality by advocating for improvements raising standards.
* Solve problems of scale - we have a global audience, you will help build high availability systems that are performant for users across the US, Canada and Europe.
* Be a strong partner to Product Managers - break down quarterly projects, provide estimations, set and meet delivery expectations.
* Be a mentor for junior team members.
What You'll Need
* A team spirit who prioritizes the long term goals by ruthlessly shifting short term goals, prioritizing to fail fast and learn the most.
* Passion for providing the best end-to-end customer experience.
* 5+ years of professional experience as a full stack software engineer (PHP, Python, Java, C#, node.js or C++ preferred).
* 3+ years of SQL (Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, must be willing to learn T-SQL) & relational database schema design.
* Experience gathering requirements from business stakeholders and deriving software requirements.
* Knack for discovering problems in every system they work with.
* Understanding of the Mobile app development lifecycle (Android, iOS).
Wayfair is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair (formerly CSN Stores) is an online retailer of home products for bedrooms, living rooms, kitchen and dining, home entertainment, bathrooms and more.