Udemy is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our Recommendations Team. Udemy's recommendation and personalization system is composed of batch, streaming, and online components. The team is responsible for all these components, as well as the underlying algorithms and evaluations.
In this role, you will design, build, and integrate scalable systems, platforms, and tools to provide better recommendations and personalization data with low latency. You will be working as a part of a cross-functional agile team of software engineers, data scientists, and product managers. Are you passionate about learning, willing to take technical challenges, and looking for a diverse, collaborative, and fun environment that also values quality? If so, come help us improve lives through learning at Udemy!
Here's what you'll be doing:
* Designing, developing, testing, and deploying recommendation- and personalization-related systems, platforms, and tools at scale
* Contributing to re-architecting Udemy's next generation recommendation systems
* Collaborating with data scientists, engineers, and product managers to solve complex recommendation and personalization problems
We're excited about you because you have:
* 3+ years of experience in design and development of large-scale platforms and services
* Strong CS fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
* Experience with data processing and storage frameworks such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Redis, and Cassandra
* Proficiency in Python, Java, or Scala
* Self-driven, highly motivated, and able to learn quickly
Nice to have:
* Expertise in microservice architectures
* Experience with machine learning
* Experience with Spark MLlib
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 30 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We're a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy's culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco's SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News:
The Key To Solving Future Skills Challenges
Algorithms are coming for their jobs, so workers are teaching themselves algorithms
Distractions Are Costing Companies Millions. Here's Why 66 Percent of Workers Won't Talk About It
How Soft Skills Can Help You Get Ahead in a Tech World
Udemy operates as a marketplace for teaching and learning.