Sr. Software Engineer (Public Cloud Platform)
Req #: 190051714
Location: Jersey City, NJ, US
Job Category: Technology
Public Cloud Platform-Software Engineer - Vice President
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
This is an opportunity to join JP Morgan's Greenfield Cloud development team building products that will accelerate our journey to Public Cloud. Our team is responsible for making Public Cloud services available within the bank, leveraging native services from multiple cloud service providers to deploy scalable, secure and resilient products.
You will play a critical role in the evolution of J.P. Morgan's cloud strategy. You are responsible for providing technical solutions, working with technical staff, and enabling our business and technology partners to succeed on the cloud. You love technology, enjoy working with highly technical engineers on complex problems, and value continuous learning. As a technical expert with an entrepreneurial drive and passion for strong collaboration, you are able to balance business, user and security needs with technical constraints.
* Solving the companies most challenging cloud problems by building innovative technical solutions.
* Focus on automation as first class operating model to ensure stability and velocity during development.
* Implement acceptance tests to ensure the product meets the business goal and specification.
* Create efficient integrations between on-premises enterprise systems and cloud provider services.
* Work with customers to provide in-depth technology solutions to their business problems.
* Lead, coach and mentor the organization with practical examples, hands-on workshops and papers.
Skills & Experience
* BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* Significant programming experience in one or more of the following: Java, Python or Go
* Technical experience in;
* Web Scalability - Highly available architectures - load balancing, scale out.
* Messaging middleware - application interoperability - ActiveMQ, MQ Series, SQS
* Storage technologies - object and block storage.
* Database - SQL and NoSQL e.g. DynamoDB, Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server.
* CI / CD pipelines and tool sets.
* Networking - TCP/IP, DNS, Firewalls.
* OS - Linux (RHEL).
* Cyber security fundamentals and working knowledge.
* Testing - xUnit, FitNesse, Cucumber
* Experience designing, developing, or maintaining production-grade cloud solutions in Cloud ecosystems such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
* A systems thinker with hands-on experience with Lean and Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
Our Cloud Services Group is teeming with passionate innovators like you who are rapidly designing, building and deploying groundbreaking internal and public cloud platforms. By putting your technological know-how to work on creating best-in-class cloud-aware applications, your efforts will help us work faster and smarter, not to mention reinforce our position as a global leader in Fintech cloud services
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.