Are you an engineer looking to tackle hard problems using big data and machine learning? Are you interested in the challenges of building large-scale, highly available online services?
Hundreds and hundreds of millions of devices run Windows, and they all have to be kept up to date, whether that is an edge device like Desktop, Laptop, Hololens, IoT or a cloud/service endpoint such as Azure VMs, on premise servers or entire racks such as those in Azure datacenters. With Windows-as-a-Service being one of the core Windows 10 priorities, it's essential that we make this experience as smooth and reliable as possible.
Our team creates and maintains deployment solutions that update every Windows 10 device on the planet to the latest version. We enable OEMs to efficiently deploy Windows 10 on new devices and Enterprise IT admins to effectively deploy Windows 10 to their organization. We also enable updates to the Azure datacenter hosts and guest virtual machines. Reducing Install time and update download size while increasing customer satisfaction is our primary focus and passion.
* BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
* 5+ years of relevant software design and development experience
* 5+ years of working with a major programming/scripting language
* Experience with querying/manipulating/reporting on big data platforms
* Familiarity with data warehousing and business intelligence tools
* Experience with machine learning platforms is a plus
* Strong debugging skills
* Passionate about end user experiences
* Ability to quickly learn new technologies
* Ability to resolve ambiguities effectively, prioritize and drive projects to completion, prioritize between multiple needs and adapt to changing circumstances
* Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to influence outcomes and communicate technical content to general audiences
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We are looking for an experienced developer to join the team and help measure/monitor the end-to-end customer-experience for a new generation of devices installing updates. You will be working with a number of engineers from across various teams in Microsoft in building telemetry infrastructure that aggregates/analyzes data from millions of devices to measure customer experience when installing an update as well as identify potential problems that end customers face and resolve them. As a senior member of the team you will have the opportunity to take on technical leadership roles and drive scenarios across teams, sometimes in unfamiliar domains.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.