Love engineering and drawn to the idea of creating the high-scale platform of the future, helping the world bring to bear essentially limitless capabilities to support all applications on the planet? Thrilled to be part of the biggest transformation in computing in our lifetimes? Excited to contribute to open source? Think it might be gratifying to see your team and millions of partners use your work? Aspire to partner with and delight customers? Want to join a highly talented, diverse, collaborative, and ambitious team?
We in Azure Networking are collaboratively working to answer this call. Azure Networking covers all elements and services of cloud networking and without boundaries, we work together across Microsoft to enable end to end new scenarios for Azure customers. Our team imagines and builds differentiating customer features and fundamental building blocks at the heart of the Azure platform.
* 8+ years of professional hardware, software engineering, network engineering, or data science experience, OR
* Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science or related discipline, plus 3 years of professional software experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We seek highly motivated and talented engineers to design and deliver the Azure Networking platform, including replication systems, highly available systems, large scale algorithms, dynamic and high-performance solutions at massive scale. We seek software, hardware, network, and data science engineers. Top to bottom:
* If you speak Swagger, Linux and Kubernetes, this is the place for you - help us build the services and systems that scale the cloud. Most roles do not require networking expertise, though it helps if you love data and large distributed systems.
* If you speak "photons" or even Verilog, this is the place for you - help us build and program the hardware and the optical networks that span the planet.
We look for passion for innovation, for learning, for teamwork, for collaboration, for growth mindset, and for evidence of excellence. Diversity and inclusion are keys to success for Microsoft and for our partners, and we seek to grow further in this dimension.
You will grow your career shape what the future will look like, while supporting the enterprises on which we depend for all parts of our lives at work and at home. With your team, you will work on solving some of the most challenging problems in distributed systems.
You should have proven skills in critical thinking, problem solving, design, engineering and debugging. You should have experience in delivering high quality, large projects, and be passionate about correctness, and building robust and scalable solutions. You should love translating strategy into results.
You will have shown determination and accomplishment in one or more of:
* Proven experience in shipping high quality products and services
* Proven software fundamentals, fluent in concurrent programming, familiar with replication
* Systems, and with previous experience on distributed systems programming or services development.
* Knowledge in at least two, and proven coding skills in at least one, of the following: C/C++, C#/Java, Python, Go
* Excellent technical design, problem solving, and debugging skills
* Outstanding interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills
* Knowledge of switching and routing protocols is a plus
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.