Are you passionate about improving the satisfaction of millions of Windows customers by building world class Compatibility, Data Inventory and Analysis tools? Do you want to work in cutting edge technologies that involve the Windows platform, Data Intelligence and Data analytics? If yes, this may be the opportunity for you!
The C+AI Application Compatibility team is looking for an enthusiastic developer to join the team building a suite a products that enable compatibility and data-driven decisions that shape future Windows products. As a developer on this team, you will have the opportunity to solve challenging problems, learn about the tools and technologies Microsoft uses to collect and analyze large amounts of data, learn about different aspects of Windows and impact a very large customer base. Our work enables compatible releases and data driven decisions at all layers in the Windows business!
You will work in a rewarding, agile environment that is constantly learning and improving. You will participate in all stages of constructing software: from conception of an idea to planning, requirements definition, development, testing, Metrics/KPIs and operationalization.
* A BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* 5+ years experience developing software using C++ (other object-oriented languages is a plus)
* Past experience working in Big Data projects
* Past experience working in ML/AI projects
* Technical experience in designing, coding and reviewing robust, scalable, understandable code
* A strong focus on engineering excellence (best practices, design/code reviews, clear and maintainable code)
* Strong communication and collaboration skills: working closely with PM and the rest of the team
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Individually contribute with code development, mainly in C++
* Build prototypes and driving architectural desig
* Create feature specifications in co-ordination with your feature crew
* Work cross-team with Azure, Office and different teams in Windows
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.