Finance Engineering is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to deliver Microsoft Reporting Analytics Platform. Our vision is to help our customers define metadata and query from different reporting fabric and deliver data in multiple formats to visualize and derive business insights. This important work will transform and evolve our entire Microsoft organization to create software as a service solution for metadata driven adhoc reporting.
You will have the opportunity to impact the design and development of creative and compelling solutions that enable teams to efficiently on-board to the new reporting platform.
You will develop micro services which can operate at scale and innovate on technologies like Azure Service Fabric, using modern engineering practices.
You will partner closely with Microsoft product engineering teams to ensure a great solution is delivered that helps our global customers, and serve as a showcase to the industry.
You will be a part of a DevOps team where success not only includes delivering business value, but having a cost-effective, reliable, stable and supportable solution.
Our teams operate in an agile manner and are empowered to innovate and drive ideas from conception to scale.
* 8+ years of software engineering experience using object oriented programming, building and shipping large-scale, high performance, scalable systems and services.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
* Experience with distributed programming, C Sharp or other object-oriented programming language (7+ years)
* Development of micro services (7+ years)
* Experience driving and establishing Continuous Integration and Delivery practices.
* Previous experience in building software as a service.
* Experience with Service Fabric or equivalent platforms.
* Experience in delivery thru agile practices.
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Math, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
Preferred, not required:
* Experience in a DevOps culture supporting live site.
* Working experience with Azure platform
* Experienced agile practitioner (certified scrum master, scrum developer or scrum professional)
* Experience with any of the following testing practices: TDD, performance, security, privacy, accessibility.
* Experience with Relational Database Management Systems.
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Provide and execute on a data driven approach to software engineering through designing, coding, testing, debugging, problem solving and analytical skills.
* Develop complete designs considering performance and maintainability and test interfaces that solve classes of problems, enable integration across groups of components, improve reuse to satisfy customer and engineering requirements. Consider maintainability and reliability during design.
* Participate in On Call and Site Reliability rotations to support live site and drive engineered solutions to improve customer experiences.
* Lead the team in adopting relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes.
* Provide critical thinking, technical innovation, and attention to detail while serving as a trusted advisor in the organization.
* Gain understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with others to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users.
* Contribute to our architecture leveraging technologies such as Service Fabric, C# and many others.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.