Cyber Security is a big deal. It's in the news, growing rapidly, a critical tool for every company, and our specialty.
Imperva is a leading provider of data and application security solutions that protect business-critical information in the cloud and on-premise. Our customers include leading enterprises, government organizations, SMBs and service providers who rely on Imperva products to securely deliver their websites and applications at lightning speed.
In August of 2018, Imperva acquired Prevoty, an innovator and leader in building application security that can block attacks and monitor interactions inside application stacks using DevOps and agile development. Together, Imperva and Prevoty will be able to protect the application and data from the network edge, into the application itself, and back to the databases.
Senior Software Engineer, Language Integration
Prevoty is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our Language Integration team. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will play a central role in the design and development of our core products. The ideal candidate will have a passion for development, a drive to fully understand the inner workings of each of the technologies they utilize, and a strong background in at least one of the languages we support. As a fast-growing startup, we look for self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment, which means wearing many hats, being able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn new technologies as the need arises. In this role you will work with a small, collaborative team of software engineers, product managers, and QA/test automation engineers, so excellent interpersonal and communication skills are a must. We look for people that can prioritize, multi-task, and consistently deliver high quality in everything they create.
* Investigate, analyze and determine architecturally sound solutions for complex issues found in the field
* Contribute to the architecture, design and development of new products, proof of concept prototypes, and robust deployment scenarios for our instrumentation and agent-based products
* Participate in Agile software development projects performing tasks including coding, testing, debugging, documentation, peer-review
* Participate in troubleshooting, task definition, work effort estimates, and work schedules for development and maintenance activities.
* Ensure that all tasks are performed in accordance with specific internal procedures and standards, as well as industry best practices
* Ensure and demonstrate code quality through comprehensive and effective unit testing coverage.
* Collaborate with a cross-functional team of developers, product managers, quality assurance, support and operations.
* Expert level understanding of software development within at least one of the following: Java, .NET, Node.js, PHP, Ruby, Python
* Experience writing, testing, and delivering native extensions for at least one of the above languages
* Knowledge of language-specific best practices
* Deep knowledge the language's interpreter/vm internals
* Knowledge of language-specific instrumentation and debugging APIs
* Knowledge of language-specific web frameworks and database driver internals
* Working knowledge of C, C++, and/or Rust
* Experience profiling and debugging native extensions
* A love of automated testing, CI/CD, and a commitment to eliminating pretty much all manual processes from the development cycle
* A passion for getting to the bottom of issues and eliminating unknowns
* Strong communication skills and the ability to drive hard technical conversations that yield quality solutions
* A genuine desire to work collaboratively with teammates and stakeholders
* BS/MS/PhD Computer Science or related degree
* Knowledge of how common software security vulnerabilities work and experience building software that avoids them
* Experience with AWS and containerized environments (e.g. docker, kubernetes)
* Experience with Performance testing
* Experience with Penetration testing tools and techniques
Location & Benefits
Position is located in Los Angeles. Competitive perks include equity, comprehensive health benefits, 401K and a lot more.
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader-championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva-Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It's an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is a provider of data and application security solutions that protect business-critical information in the cloud and on-premises.