Senior Software Engineer (Java)
Do you love to travel internationally? Do you enjoy solving complex problems?
Token's goal is to make moving money easy, instant, secure, and flexible. As a member of the Engineering team, you'll develop the next-generation technologies that will change how people and financial institutions exchange value between each other.
You're here to develop a global open banking ecosystem that is centered around an open, secure and universal payments and information API. Are you ready for a challenge to disrupt the way money is moved?! If so, come join us!
What you will get to do:
● You'll help build the core of the Token platform and scale it to millions of users in the years to come!
● Your contributions will be key as you work closely with the sales and engineering team.
● You love technologies like Java, gRPC, Protobufs, RxJava, JOOQ, Dagger2, Kubernetes, MariaDB because it's what you dream about at night!
● You'll get to travel internationally and work closely with our UK sales team.
● You love bantering and talking about architecture with your co-workers and not afraid to share new ideas or challenge each other and will be given an opportunity to make a impact on our product.
● You have a spidey sense of when things need to be implemented.
● You're building new product, tackling problems that have never been solved before.
● You can work on your on, but working with a team gives you a buzz as you love collaborating.
● You bring wickedly smart coding skills.
What you will need to be successful:
● BS degree in CS or relevant experience
● 5-8 yrs. of development experience
● Strong cryptography knowledge is a plus
● Working experience in distributed backend systems and API design
● These are the technologies we use - Java, gRPC, Protobufs, RxJava, JOOQ, Dagger2, Gradle, Kubernetes, MariaDB and if you know any of them it's a plus!
Benefits for you:
Located in the heart of SF downtown on Market, we have a spacious, hip office close to Bart and a short walk from CalTrain. We offer full benefits such as Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life insurance, FSA, HSA. Lunches and Happy Hours, flexible work hours and FUN team outings!
What you will need to be successful:
* Java, REST API, MySQL, Microservices
* Domain Knowledge of FinTech, Financial Services, Payments , Payment Gateway, Banking are ideal
* Entrepreneurial spirit and desire to innovate in small collaborative teams.
* Desire to work in a disruptive FinTech start-up where you WILL make an impact on our product
* Product minded senior software engineer with potential to lgrow into a tech lead role
* Self-started who thrives on learning new technolgies (which we embrace)
About our culture:
* We foster a culture of transparency, buckets of opportunity to be exposed to and learn new technologies. Our leadership takes pride in developing our engineer's careers and giving freedom to expressing their own ideas.
* We look for wickedly smart software engineers who strive for excellence, are highly collaborative and want to make an impact in a disruptive growing Fintech market. Unlike other companies, we believe technologies can be learned but entrepreneurial spirit, a mind for innovation and drive to deliver is innate.
Token's CEO, Steve Kirsch, has invented several groundbreaking technologies and has had multiple billion dollar exits. Token's Co-Founder, Yobie Benjamin, was formerly the Global CTO at Citigroup, where he was responsible for quadrillions of dollars in payments. Our team comes from top companies like Google, Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, Twitter and Square.
With Series A funding of $16M, we are growing our offices in San Francisco and London
About Token, Inc.
Token is an open banking infrastructure provider.