Esurance is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to join a dynamic and award-winning team of individuals who are committed to making insurance smarter, easier, and dare we say- cooler. As part of a growing company that is focused on providing an outstanding customer experience, you'll have the opportunity to expand your skills and discover your potential.
If you're looking for a career at a socially conscious company that offers great benefits - including matching 401k and tuition reimbursement - then you may have just found your new home.
Esurance combines the spunk of a startup company with the backing of Allstate (the largest publicly held personal lines insurer in the U.S.) to create a unique, energized, and exciting place to work.
Senior Developer must be technically strong in Java, design patterns, and best practices while displaying firm leadership skills. Leadership skills include coordinating developers, QA, and Network Operations, while working with management to plan, schedule and deliver quality projects. Additionally, the candidate must show strong communication among business and I.T. groups, like facilitating cross-functional team efforts. Job Responsibilities:
* Implements business projects on time and with high quality.
* Follows standard development lifecycle.
* Produces artifacts using UML wherever possible.
* Writes and comments code to standards, implementing best practices, and ensure others adhere to these standards.
* Analyzes requirements for completeness.
* Develops design documents based on business requirements.
* Works well with team members.
* Delivers project plans to Development Manager.
* Reports status to Development Manager.
* 6+ years development experience in Java and Object Oriented Programming
* 4+ years in J2EE environment using JBoss, WebSphere or WebLogic
* 4+ years XML, XSL, XML Beans
* Strong MS SQL Server 2008, Oracle or MySQLskills.
* Strong expertise in Maven
* Familiarity with Eclipse, Maven, Subversion, TFS
* Familiarity with Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, Struts, Spring Framework, Web Services, AJAX, JQuery
* Familiarity with test driven development
* Familiarity with business rule engines (Redhat BRMS, Drools, RuleFolw)
* Experience working in Agile methodology
* Strong understanding of software development process.
* Focus on teamwork; able to collaborate with Business and QA staff on projects.
* Must be able to perform under tight timeframes & execute problem-solving skills.
* Able to work in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently
* Good analysis and design skills, yet able to complete projects and tasks in a timely manner.
* Excellent communication skills, including documentation: UML experience strongly desired.
Experience / Education:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent education required, a Master's degree ispreferred.
* 6 or more years of experience in software development required which includes experience with UNIX, Eclipse & web.
At Esurance, being committed to our employees is not just something we say, it's something we do. Our benefits package is designed to help our associates stay healthy, meet their long-term financial goals, and balance the demands of work and personal life. Esurance rewards hard work, dedication, and creativity with competitive salaries and a generous bonus system. We are committed to our employees and we are dedicated to creating a diverse, positive, innovative and team-oriented work environment.
Health & wellness
* Medical, vision, and dental insurance
* Life Insurance
* Accidental death and dismemberment coverage
* Wellness tools and coaching
* Group critical illness coverage
* Accident indemnity and hospital indemnity plans
* Group legal
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* Identity Protection
* 401(k) plan with annual matching contribution
* Choice Dollars
* Referral bonuses
* Performance-rewarding bonus system
* Tuition assistance program (up to $5,250 per year)
* Health savings and flexible spending accounts
* Commuter benefits
Family & community
* Adoption assistance
* Buckle Up Baby program
* Pet insurance discount
* Charitable gift matching
* Give Time, Get Time volunteer program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Paid time off (holidays, vacation, personal days)
* Short-term disability
* Long-term disability (employee-paid option)