Req ID: 171076
While we have offices in Seattle & Las Vegas, we are seeking the best talent to join our team and will consider REMOTE/TELEWORK options for candidates located anywhere in the US.
Do you love the prospect of eliminating manual activities and defining infrastructure with code? Are you seeking a flexible work environment with supportive leadership that prioritizes enabling engineering teams?
If you love working with a team that is passionate about what they do and how they do it; if you seek a fun work life that fosters an environment of professional and personal growth while celebrating people of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities; we want to meet you. Let's change the world together!
We are seeking passionate engineers with a software engineering background and an automation-first mindset. Your day to day in this position will be building software to automate devices and video streaming applications on-premise and in the cloud; as well as, providing oversight and mentoring to other team members and helping design and build new products, processes and standards.
* Promote a cross-team culture of accountability, customer obsession, and quality focus
* Mentor junior team members on techniques, technology, and mindset
* Create and maintain new features end-to-end across an entire product, from inception to design to implementation to deliver to the customer.
* Collaborate with product/program managers and business stakeholders to offer the most appropriate technical solution to customer requirements. Recommend options when a proposed solution is not technically feasible, cost-effective, or impractical in the desired timeframe.
* Contribute to developing loosely-coupled, RESTful service-oriented architectures with a bias for simple, elegant solutions.
* Analyze the complex technical architecture across iStreamPlanet's platform and infrastructure to understand the underlying driver of high availability and lead the assessment of all failures to determine root causes and drive fixes.
* Advocate and drive improvement of the team's agile development processes.
* Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
* 5-10 years of software development experience.
* Strong understanding of Python or Go and/or one or more industry-standard languages (e.g. C/C++/C#/Java/Swift/Python).
* Demonstrated knowledge with configuring and operating software in cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure)
* A love for constantly learning new things and avoiding complacency
* You are excited to ramp up on distributed architectures quickly to understand important scalability and reliability issues and apply data to inform and improve those issues.
* Experience with industry-standard database technologies (e.g. Document Stores like MongoDB, RDBMS like PostgreSQL or cloud solutions from AWS, Google, etc.).
* Flexible work hours and work from home options
* Accessible and transparent leadership team
* Paid time off every year to volunteer and generous paternity leave
* Medical, dental, vision benefits, 401(k) plan with a company match
* Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WHO ARE WE
iStreamPlanet is one of the largest streaming platforms in the world for broadcasters; doing thousands of events a year such as March Madness, World Cup, and even the Olympics. You probably have not heard of us but we power some of the most well-known media brands in the world. Our mission is to provide a one stop platform for the media industry as they convert from traditional broadcast to all online streaming over the next decade. We are backed by giants such as WarnerMedia (owners of Warner Brothers, HBO, Turner, etc.) and are at the heart of changing how you get your sports and entertainment in the future.
iStreamPlanet Co., LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. iStreamPlanet does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protecte