By trade we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone that works here, they'll tell you we are a people company. As the industry leader in Accounts Payable (AP) Automation, AvidXchange strives to provide an innovative and collaborative work environment. We do that through focusing on our people, our culture, and ensuring we run our business in a way that enables every employee to achieve their fullest potential and help us create a world class company. Our employees live by our core values, including "Innovate to Change the Game," "Passion About Customer Success," "Win as a Team," and "Have a Blast." Whether you live in Charlotte and can enjoy our corporate campus at the AvidXchange Music Factory, or you live across the country, AvidXchange has locations waiting for you. We are on a mission to create something different at AvidXchange. Love where you work. Live Avidly.
As a 'Senior Software Engineer In Test' you will be an integral member of the AvidXchange software development team, testing premier advancements to our products. This position is expected to analyze, requirements for AvidXchange's suite of products to design and develop automation scripts and to validate functionality, and mentor other test automation engineers. You will have the freedom to experiment with state of the art technologies.
* You will be responsible for overall quality of the product and the process involved to plan/groom the in-depth functionalities of the product * You will analyze requirements, review software design, and conduct Test Design, Test Execution, Defect Management, optimize Test Automation and Regression Test Suites, and Release Certification * You will develop common Test Classes and Methods for reusability, handle test libraries and improve the Test Framework * You will drive work to execution through the end of each sprint * You will work closely with other teams, Product Owners, Dev Engineers, Ops, DBA and Scrum Master to enable the team to deliver to production and provide support * You should have the ability to predict/estimate realistic amount of efforts to Test the software application * Publish Release Notes and Release Regression Plans after discussions within immediate team, and across dependent testing teams, and have it reviewed by both the development as well as dependent teams. * Ensure Test team members are available to support Production Cases for their respective team during emergency and critical cases * Mentor and give continuous feedback to Testers within the team on their test design and Test Automation, including performing Code Reviews on the Test Automation check-ins * Responsible for metrics and QA artifacts, and maintaining Audit Compliance
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related field * 5+ years experience automating tests (3+ with a master's degree)
* Deep Understanding of Testing lifecycle, Test Design methodologies, Test Execution, and Defect Tracking * Experience Testing and Automating Web Applications using Selenium WebDriver, Web services Testing including REST API and SOAP - Parasoft, Postman, XML/SOAP, SoapUI, etc. * OOPS using C# or Java, .NET, MVC - Visual Studio, TFS, Team City, GIT, Octopus * Defect Management tools like Rally, Jira, ALM, etc. * Preference: Agile (Scrum/Kanban), API Testing, Banking, Financial Industry experience * Experience using SQL for test setup and validation
* Understanding of Testing lifecycle, Test Design methodologies, Test Execution, and Defect Tracking * Problem solving for all testing for the team * Excellent communication, problem solving aptitude, out-of-the box thinking, and directing a team * Strategic, analytical, and innovative thinking to address custom software testing for functionality, different browsers, platforms, scalability, performance, and security * Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages challenging demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events * Constantly seeks opportunities to improve the velocity of the scrum with a "Can-Do" attitude * Evaluation of efficiency of tools and processes
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against
applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age
and physical or mental disability.
* Job Family Software Engineering * Job Function Quality Assurance * Pay Type Salary * Required Education Bachelor's Degree * 33 Riverside Dr, Pembroke, MA 02359, USA
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.