Raytheon Global Business Services (GBS) has an opening for a Senior Software Engineer (full stack) to assist Cyber Development Team within the Cyber Threat Operations group with developing solutions specifically targeted for dealing with today's most sophisticated cyber-attacks.
Responsible for developing applications that may run on Linux, Windows and / or Macintosh, as well as various web-based technologies. A strong software engineering background with proven experience and success using Object Oriented Design.
Experience with Java technologies but also well versed in a number of programming and scripting languages, not only for rapid prototyping, but also in support of some larger-scale web apps and data-driven analytics.
* Design and code complex units/modules/products that meet functional and business requirements on schedule and within budget
* Develop plans outlining steps and time tables for developing programs and communicate plans and status to management and other development team members
* Perform unit test creation and functional module testing of software to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications
* Participate in design and code reviews with other developers
* Add enhancements, add features and fix defects
* Minimum 6+ years' experience providing enterprise level software development
* In-depth experience with Java as a back-end technology
* Familiar with JEE, JDBC and other common Java technologies
* Experience in Java server-side development, including web services, REST and application containers (Tomcat, Jetty, etc.)
* Experience developing for relational databases (Oracle preferred) using a data access layer and familiarity with SQL
* Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
* This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
* Experience in Agile methodology (SCRUM)
* Experience with LDAP and Active Directory
* Experience with containers (Docker) and microservice architectures
* Linux/Windows command line skills (administration level)
* Background in cybersecurity
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline 140303 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 96 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I(TM) products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. Visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter @Raytheon.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
MA - Billerica
TX - Richardson
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.