The Software Engineering Center is seeking an enthusiastic and highly capable software engineer proficient in successfully developing and integrating embedded, real-time software for airborne systems.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Performing requirements development, design, implementation, integration, and verification of operational real-time embedded C/C++ software.
* Developing technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
* Communicating effectively with team members across disciplines, especially with system engineering and program management
* 6+ years experience in SW development with a minimum of 3+ years of experience developing real-time embedded software utilizing C
* Experience with all phases of the software development life-cycle
* Experience successfully integrating embedded radar data processing or signal processing software (or software of similar complexity).
* This position requires U.S. Citizenship as it requires an Active DoD Secret Clearance from Day 1 of employment*
* This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons*
Desired Skills and Experience
* Experience developing software for realtime operating systems (VxWorks, INTEGRITY)
* Competency with MATLAB
* Strong math foundation
* C++ and/or ADA
134105BR 134105 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.