Job Description: Senior Embedded SW Engineer I/II
The Radar Controls and Electronics Department within Raytheon IDS is seeking engineering professionals to be part of the Embedded Software Engineering teams that design and develop world-class Radar programs in our Massachusetts Locations. Embedded Software Engineers in this position will be responsible for supporting multiple programs and multiple platforms. Successful candidates will be expected to perform as individual contributors leading embedded software engineering supporting high performing Integrated Product Team and mentoring junior engineers. This position can be a salary grade senior software engineer I or senior software engineer II depending on experience.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Applicant will work as part of a highly motivated team environment, and will be collaborating with cross-functional project teams making up a larger program or internal research and development efforts. Our engineers are assigned to a manager of approximately 20 employees with similar skills. Each section manager is responsible for their members' performance, career development, and assigning tasks that balance the employees' interests with current needs of the project teams.
* 6+ years of experience in the field of engineering or related technical disciplines
* Experience developing C or C++ applications
* Experience in high performance, multi-threaded embedded software designs
* Experience with Real-Time Operating Systems such as VxWorks, FreeRTOS, LynxOS, or Integrity
* Prior experience with Defense Radar Design and/or Development programs
* Experience using the Agile development process
* Experience in building and deploying Embedded Linux solutions
* Experience in developing applications for Microblaze, Nios, or other soft-core processing platforms
* Design experience in the following radar system areas: receiver, exciter, waveforms, digital beamforming, signal processing
* Experience using MATLAB
* Excellent communication, technical writing, oral presentation, and interpersonal skills
* Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Required Education (including Major):
* B.S. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent degree (advanced degree a plus)
139523BR 139523 Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.