Raytheon is seeking Software Engineers (multiple positions) to join the Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) program and expand our distinguished team to develop a state-of-the-art ground station for the next generation of low earth orbiting environmental satellites. The development of this national asset will provide global coverage, monitor environmental conditions, collect, disseminate and process data about the Earth's weather, atmosphere, oceans, land, and near-space environment.
The Command, Control, and Communications Segment (C3S) software provides a highly automated and integrated suite of nine subsystems at the new NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) Satellite Operations Facility (NSOF), including Orbit Operations, Mission Management, Command and Control, and Enterprise Management.
The JPSS program is looking for a qualified senior software engineer to join the JPSS Software team as a C3S SW engineer for the C3S Integrated Product Team (IPT). Typical responsibilities include supporting the design, coding, test, and integration of software. The qualified candidate will be involved with all phases of the software development life cycle including SW requirements analysis, use case support, SW architecture analysis, detailed design, software builds, generating test plans, ensuring code meets requirements through thorough unit testing, updating technical documents, software integration support, problem detection, and resolving discrepancy reports.
The qualified candidate will also be responsible for supporting software validation and verification, qualification, configuration control and documentation at the component level. Additionally, the qualified candidate will be responsible for quickly understanding assignments and carrying them out with moderate supervision. Verbal and written communication skills and problem solving skills will enable the qualified candidate to successfully support Peer Reviews at all phases of the development cycle to ensure successful integration with other software components.
Key responsibilities for the qualified candidate include:
* Minimum of 4 years experience working with Microsoft Windows OS based development
* Minimum of 4 years experience with Java
* Object-oriented Java programming (including Java Swing)
* Experience with code analysis tools such as JUnit, FindBugs and Klocwork
* Experience with XML
* Experience with C++
* Ability to design, develop, and maintain new software functionality
* Ability to work with previously written code and make modifications as necessary
* Ability to work closely with other disciplines (systems and test engineers) to troubleshoot and fix problems
* Enthusiastic and energetic performer able to work in a dynamic, fast paced, and sometimes pressured environment
* Team player incorporating a team based success philosophy
* Contribute to the completion of program and project milestones under the specific guidance of his/her immediate supervisor
* Ability to follow established SW processes and procedures, development, documentation and maintenance/management of operations concepts, requirements (system, element, segment level), external and internal interfaces, and other software engineering work products/artifacts Requirements:
* Software and system-level debugging experience including the ability to identify problems in established code and make modifications as necessary
* Experience with software execution throughout the entire software life cycle (preliminary design through maintenance phases)
* United States Citizen
* Experience with Perl
* Experience with Python
* Experience with UML design modeling in modeling tools such as Rational Rose or Rhapsody
* Experience and knowledge related to Satellite Ground Systems and Ground System Operations
* Experience and knowledge related to software discipline process development and deployment
* Experience with customer interaction and end-user engagement
* Experience integrating software (modules, components, subsystems)
* Experience preparing and presenting status information and technical material
Required Education (including Major): Bachelor of Science, BS in a Math, Science or Engineering related field
131730BR 131730 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.