Microsoft Azure Compute Batch Service platform is a resilient and mature Azure service for high performance computing at very large scale. It enables customers to quickly spin up a private pool of virtual machines or containers and schedule massively parallel workloads on it to finish a very large amount of computation in a short time.
As a Software Engineer working in our team, your mission will be to develop features, help evaluate, prototype, enable, deploy, and support the newest available compute technologies in the Microsoft cloud to ensure unparalleled computing performance, reliability, and value to our customers.
We are looking for an engineer who is passionate about cloud computing and building a distributed and asynchronous system that will enable our customers to achieve their goals. If you are looking for a position that allows you to use cutting edge technologies and work with world class engineers in one of the leading cloud computing companies, then Microsoft Azure Compute Batch Service is the place for you.
* A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* 3+ years of experience building scalable distributed systems
* 6+ Years of software design and development experience
* Solid experience in Object Oriented programming is required. C# Preferred
* C++, Python experience is a plus.
* Ability to debug and troubleshoot live and distributed systems is required.
* Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment.
* Experience with Microsoft Azure preferred. Knowledge in big data is a plus.
"Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Role and Responsibilities
* Be part of a development team that will design and implement components and micro services that make up Microsoft Azure Compute Batch Service.
* Perform all tasks related to software release that includes design, specification and implementation.
* Ensure the quality of your code by adding proper testing
* Ensure the debuggability of your code by making sure you instrument your code enough and expose the right debugging info
* Add the proper monitoring to your component so outages can be detected.
* Work with other team members to enhance the ability to release the service easily and with minimal effort.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.