1 Broadway (21026), United States of America, Cambridge, Massachusetts
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Software Engineer, Full Stack
To be a great technology-driven company, Capital One is committed to providing outstanding products and experiences for our customers. We are building out a new office in Boston! Be a part of a team that delivers exceptional technology, data, machine learning, risk and compliance, finance, and business processes, products, and services to support the needs of an innovative, digitally-led bank fueled by technology! That means using the latest technology and systems to build, deploy and integrate applications that power our millions of external customers and thousands of internal workforce users.
Be a part of the team that brings together all the pieces needed to create real-time data in the cloud. We're bending data to our will - and turning an antiquated industry on its head. Are you ready to drive innovation for a global tech powerhouse?
This isn't a role focused on maintaining outdated legacy systems; all of the applications and systems are being built from-scratch! You will be designing and developing from inception to production in an Open-Source, Agile environment. We're embracing automation while enhancing the consumer experience. From a technology-perspective, we're using the latest and greatest. Looking for true innovation? You'll design and develop applications in an area where technology has severely lacked in the Financial Services industry.
Why Should I Apply?
* The opportunity to work within a collaborative team and delivering "greenfield" solutions directly to Capital One customers
* To work for an organization that is truly "technology-first" with a vast landscape of bleeding-edge tools and technologies
* Can you dive into a business problem and solve with technology even if you haven't previously worked in that particular technology solution?
* Are you the type of Engineer who looks for opportunities to step in and help out in areas that are outside of your designated scope?
* Are you technically curious and like to be challenged?
* Do you enjoy design and development equally?
* Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and use cases
* Take ownership and proactively collaborate with the team to deliver complete solutions
* Design, develop and implement new products and/or enhance existing products
* Constantly strive to raise the bar on engineering excellence
* Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
* Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
* Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
* Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
* Work with architects to align solutions to a larger IT strategy and technologies such as Machine Learning
* Implement solutions that integrate with enterprise operation processes
* Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
* At least 4 years of experience in Java development
* At least 3 years of experience developing RESTful APIs
* At least 1 year of experience in Microservices
* At least 1 year of experience with Cloud technology (AWS, Google or Azure)
* At least 2 years of experience with Kafka
* At least 3 years of experience with AWS
* At least 1 year of experience of Spark
* AWS Certified Solutions Architect or AWS Certified Developer
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.