Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name, have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee® and Big Bite®. "Brain Freeze" is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee® and with over 67,000 stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there's a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It's what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us.
How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles
Be Customer Obsessed Be Courageous with Your Point of View Challenge the Status Quo Act Like an Entrepreneur Have an "It Can Be Done" Attitude Do the Right Thing Be Accountable
* Be a part of an open, fun and customer obsessed culture.
* Collaborate with a team of diverse thinkers.
* Participate in brainstorming solutions for new ideas and architectural discussions.
* Get hands on experience on real world problems in web application development, machine learning, computer vision, Internet of Things, Mobile, Cloud computing.
* Develop new products/features for web, mobile and voice that adhere to best practices, is easy to understand and are efficient
* Define the technical requirements that are required to develop the product/feature
* Architect and design the technical solution and implement the solution
* Integrate new api or microservices required to deliver the feature.
* Explore, assess and prototype new technologies to drive innovation and problem solving
* Partner and collaborate with stakeholders and other technology teams
* Mentor junior developers on technical and product knowledge
* 5-7 Experience working with relational and non-relational databases (Mongo, Cassandra, etc.)
* 3-5 years of experience using CI-CD tools, containerized deployments and cloud architecture
* 3-5 years of Experience working with streaming data platforms like Kafka, Kinesis
* 3+ years of experience in a leading role on product development team
* 3 years of experience working in an Agile /SCRUM environment