We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven't stopped there. We're empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We're here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business-and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Much in the same way that Square revolutionized payments, we want to radically alter how employees get paid and businesses manage their finances. Our mission is to make running a business simple and personal by leveraging automation and a best in class user-experience. Our small, highly collaborative team has already built many foundational features and are now focused on innovating and experimenting beyond a traditional payroll product. We want to truly transform the lives of people that make their living through our platform. We're an integral and growing part of the Square ecosystem and are leveraging our position to build products and features that are beyond the capabilities of our competitors.
We are a small, focused, and rapidly growing team with an abundance of growth and impact opportunities. We are building the best full featured payroll solution for small businesses with an emphasis on design and automation. At the same time we are doing this in an efficient and scalable way, making smart choices about how to automate critical functions.
* Work with other engineers, designers, and product managers to design and build features from prototype to launch.
* Own the entirety of your features; including component design, implementation, automated testing, and roll-out.
* Provide technical guidance to an amazing group of engineers, and show us the best practices of developing in front-end.
* Build systems that collect and maintain customers sensitive data, while holding Square to the highest standards for security and compliance.
* Stay curious, ask questions when you need help, and have a voice in the future of our road-map
* Excellent software engineering aptitude and the ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance.
* Strong communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally with other functions, such as designers, product managers, data scientists, marketing, and business development to deliver a great product.
* Have experience working in large front-end codebases
* Familiarity with popular JS-app frameworks (Ember, React, Vue.js, Angular, etc.)
* Experience in testing your code (QUnit, Mocha, Jasmine, Capybara, etc.)
* 4+ years professional experience.
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
Technologies we use:
* Ruby / Rails / MySQL / Redis
At Square, our purpose is to empower - within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
Square is a financial services, merchant services aggregator and mobile payment company.