Truckstop.com is hiring a Sr Software Engineer
Truckstop.com is one of the largest online freight matching services in the trucking industry, providing a one-stop connection between carriers and brokers. Founded in 1995 as the first freight-matching marketplace to hit the Web, Truckstop.com has grown to provide load planning, transportation management, route optimization, real-time rates, powerful negotiation tools, and other logistics solutions. Click here to learn more about Truckstop.com's history.
Truckstop.com is backed by ICONIQ Capital, a privately-held financial advisory and technology growth equity investment firm. ICONIQ is a trusted advisor fostering meaningful strategic relationships across industries to source powerful ideas, magnify global impact and support a new generation of entrepreneurs and companies.
About our Culture
Truckstop is a destination where talented individuals can build an epic career. It is a place where talent feels connected, fulfilled and equipped to do what they do best while having fun doing it. We call our employees Partners because we are deeply interdependent upon each other to achieve remarkable things together. We believe that for talent to be their best selves, we must enable them with the freedom to exercise their own judgment, and provide them with the autonomy to experiment, to innovate, and test where they can go, so they can do something they never thought they could. Each of our Partners is unique. Be you is the message we foster. We look for Partners who are aware of, and who are confident in their talents and who are passionate about serving others. We will achieve massive success when you can be yourself.
E pluribus unum - Out of many, one
We look for Partners who enjoy working in a One Team mindset environment. By combining our unique personalities, experiences, skills and knowledge we can accomplish amazing feats together
About the Opportunity
Essential Job Functions:
* Develop, document, and maintain reusable web components for integration with various product interfaces using Angular, TypeScript, GraphQL and other technologies.
* Lead code reviews and contribute to development best practices.
* Develop and expand unit, integration tests.
* Work closely with business analysts and team members to understand business requirements and drive analysis/design of innovative technical solutions.
* Design solutions that align with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization's architectural standards.
* Recommend development of new code, redesign, or reuse of existing code.
* Able to articulate complex technical topics to non-technical audiences.
* Skilled at clearly documenting design and concept ideas.
Qualifications and Skills:
* BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
* Exceptional communication and team skills
* Strong understanding of object-oriented principles and software design patterns.
* Solid knowledge of modern front-end JS frameworks and libraries; Angular, StencilJS.
* Experience with TDD and JS testing frameworks like Jest / Karma, Protractor/ Cypress / Selenium.
* Previous experience using CSS preprocessors such as SASS.
* Strong debugging and diagnostic skills.
* Experience integrating apps with RESTful API's or GraphQL.
* Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud services a plus.
* Experience with API development using Node.js or Asp.net core, AWS lambda, serverless, API Gateway a plus.
* Experience with native/hybrid iOS and/or Android application development a plus
* Desire to independently learn new and expand knowledge on cutting-edge technology.