As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for designing, building and continuously improving the state-of-the-art ground software system that allows us to launch and land rockets better, faster, and cheaper. Together, our team develops the ground software systems and tools that enable us to test and fly New Glenn. This team works on the primary command and control software used by mission controllers during launch and test operations. This includes UI frameworks, scripting, commanding, and any associated development or analysis tools. This role is open to be filled either in our Kent, WA or Merritt Island, FL offices.
* Design and implement new software architectures to support program requirements
* Develop tooling up and down the stack from high-level UIs to embedded software
* Actively identify and eliminate issues by implementing robust software solutions
* Automate and test everything, make it fast, and make it scale
* Continuously improve our product, internal tools, and processes
* Integrate commercial, open-source, and custom solutions across our platform
* Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of engineers to develop tools and workflows supporting advanced spaceflight systems
* Challenge why things are done a certain way and figure out ways to make things better
* Travel - This role will require < 10% travel between Kent and Merritt Island
* Minimum of a B.S. degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related field
* 5+ years of software development experience
* Our team could be benefited by several different software development profiles. Particular skillsets that would supplement our team include:
* Desktop application backend experience (for example, C/C++ and Python)
* UI framework expertise related to desktop applications (for example, Qt)
* Industrial control software experience (distributed control software technologies)
* Experience with build, and test, and deployment automation
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team on rapid development programs
* High-judgement individual with the ability to undertake large and complex technical projects
* Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* M.S. degree (or higher) in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related field
* Experience with Windows, Linux, Jenkins, Docker, compiler toolchains, database systems, and scripting languages
* Experience with desktop applications, real-time embedded applications, and safety-critical software development
* Experience with and understanding of computer networking systems and protocols
* Experience with application performance monitoring and analysis
* Experience with space vehicle launch operations
* Working knowledge of configuration management and source code management systems
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.