As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for designing, building and continuously improving the state-of-the-art ground software system that allows us to launch and land rockets better, faster, and cheaper. Together, our team develops the ground software systems and tools that enable us to test and fly our vehicles. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention toward safe and repeatable spaceflight. This role is open to be filled either in our Kent, WA or Merritt Island, FL offices.
* Work on the platform upon which New Glenn will be tested and flown
* Design and implement new software architectures to support program requirements
* Develop tooling up and down the stack from high-level UIs to embedded software
* Actively identify and eliminate issues by implementing robust software solutions
* Automate and test everything, make it fast, and make it scale
* Continuously improve our product, internal tools, and processes
* Integrate commercial, open-source, and custom solutions across our platform
* Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of engineers to develop tools and workflows supporting advanced spaceflight systems
* Challenge why things are done a certain way and figure out ways to make things better
* Support test and launch operations as needed
* Travel - This role will require < 10% travel between Kent and Merritt Island
* Minimum of a B.S. degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related field
* 5+ years of software development experience
* Software development skills, particularly in C/C++, Python, or C#/Java
* Experience with build, and test, and deployment automation
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team on rapid development programs
* High-judgement individual with the ability to undertake large and complex technical projects
* Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
* Experience with test automation and a unit testing framework
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* M.S. degree (or higher) in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related field
* Experience with Windows, Linux, Jenkins, Docker, compiler toolchains, database systems, and scripting languages
* Experience with desktop applications, real-time embedded applications, and safety-critical software development
* Experience with and understanding of computer networking systems and protocols
* Experience with application performance monitoring and analysis
* Experience with instrumentation and control systems
* Experience with space vehicle launch operations
* Working knowledge of configuration management and source code management systems
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.