Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of the technology and life sciences industries. As the market leader -- we drive change into clinical trials by providing the (IOHO) best clinical development platform that enables our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease trial planning, data collection, and data analysis. This results in safer, more effective, and less costly treatments that can reach the general population sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) and are the market leading clinical trial software company with over 800 clients, retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 10,000 clinical trials around the world.
Every employee is passionate about our mission of powering smarter treatments and healthier people as the difference technology can make in the space is truly world changing.
Medidata is looking for an experienced full-stack software engineer to design, enhance and implement new features and functionality in Medidata's Medical Coding Service - Coder. Medical coding is a critical piece of the clinical trial process and part of Medidata's strategy to grow to over one billion in revenue.
Coder is a mature, single-instance, multi-tenant web service supporting hundreds of clinical trials. Our application is built with C#, leverages Microsoft's SQL server database and is hosted in AWS. Our front end uses Asp.NET, HTML/CSS, Bootstrap and AngularJS. As an engineer on Coder, you'll be challenged both to develop new features in response to market demand and improve the performance and scalability of the application to meet the rapidly growing user base.
* Design and enhance features for a large-scale service environment using OO principles with a deep focus on performance, scalability, quality and extensibility
* Full stack development, including APIs, using C# and Microsoft SQL server
* Embrace test-driven development with complete code coverage and continuous integration
* Provide diagnostic support and fix bugs for service features
* Follow Medidata's Standard Operating Procedures to ensure all software meets regulatory and company requirements
* Work with Agile team members, particularly Software Quality Assurance and Product Management, to write clear, concise and comprehensive features
* Participate in Agile working practices such as daily scrum meetings, sprint planning meetings, reviews and retrospectives
* Share your knowledge and experience with a highly motivated and collaborative team in regards to code reviews, software designs as well as all other engineering and business aspects
* Consistently execute against a product roadmap to deliver multiple features across Coder's portfolio of service components enabling our clients to more effectively run their clinical trials.
* Proven experience with the .NET framework building full stack, enterprise systems and transforming traditional monolithic frameworks into modern SOA architectures.
* Ability to solve complex problems and provide solutions that can be applied optimally in a service environment
* Proven cross functional collaboration with groups like customer care, service delivery (hosting and DevOps), test, project management, and product management to create positive change within your project teams
* Effective communication skills to relay technical information to various cross functional teams and clients
* Effectively execute processes associated with the software development life cycle
* Awareness of and experience with cloud technologies, such as AWS and Azure.
Your Education & Experience:
* Bachelor's degree required; or equivalent years of experience
* Extensive experience supporting SOA applications built with C#
* Experience with SQL optimization and database schema design
* Experience with Git preferred
* Experience designing and writing unit and scenarios tests to maintain a high level of code coverage and quality standards
* Experience working with Agile methods such as Scrum preferred
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
* THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
* TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
* DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
* LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
* TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams (People Leader especially!)
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata's solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Medidata is a company developing digital transformation solutions for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data.