CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Senior Software Engineer engineers build secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions, with minimal mentoring, to advance CMEG in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world.
Join the Distribution Systems team at an exciting phase of our growth. Participate in delivering a front end trading solution, using the latest web technologies and building microservices for flexibility and scalability, while taking an Agile execution approach and applying DevOps principles in crafting the solution.
There will be no micro management and you will be given goals and general framework of how to execute on a project and we expect you to work autonomously, collaborate with other team members as part of an Agile team and think about the customers' needs.
This is a high impact team and everything you do directly affects the company's revenue and will be used by thousands of people every day.
* Demonstrates skill in language proficiency; Writes application modules and unit tests with minimal guidance. Designs with guidance and codes independently.
* Applies expert knowledge of .NET/C#, front end technologies and frameworks, DBMS and middle-ware technologies in helping design and develop key services.
* Applies knowledge of cloud based services to develop a migration path to the cloud.
* Participates in code reviews and identifies potential opportunities for code optimization.
* Works with the analysts and lead developers, to interpret high level requirements for complex, large scale initiatives and decomposing them into independent stories and sub-tasks for the team.
* Conducts system-wide testing and some integration testing.
* Supports application deployments and checkouts
* Embraces and enforces CME Group SDLC and information security standards.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent/better
* A solid background in math and computer science, a good knowledge of basic data-structures, algorithms and algorithmic complexity.
* Excellent problem solving skills with at least 8+ years of experience of development in .NET/C# or similar object oriented language and .NET Core
* Proficient in Powershell and WCF
* Working in an Agile development team.
* Experience in modern web-technologies (Angular, React, Web Components)
* Deep understanding of distributed systems and web services technology. Experience working with REST and RPC service patterns and other client/server interaction models. Publish/subscribe or other event messaging technologies
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience in developing performance-critical, low-latency, high-throughput .NET Core applications
* Deep knowledge of memory management and multi-threaded programming in C#.
* Prior experience with DevOps efforts.
* Prior experience developing microservices
* Experience working with FIX protocol
About CME Group
CME Group Inc. (Chicago Mercantile Exchange & Chicago Board of Trade) is an American financial market company operating options and futures exchange.