As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will design, implement, integrate and verify embedded software for rocket engine controllers. You will share in the team's impact on all aspects of engine software, controls design, and analysis. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Define and develop software requirements, architectures and designs suited for fault tolerant systems
* Rapidly prototype to prove out the architecture/design concepts, quantify technical risks
* Implement designs in C/C++/Simulink, integrate software components, create and run unit tests, validate on Hardware-in-the-Loop and release real-time embedded solutions
* Provide avionics support for ground and flight rocket engine test
* Coordinate with hardware, control and system engineers to plan, develop, and perform system verification and qualification, assessing the outputs and documenting the results to ensure software products that meet system requirements and safety-critical standards
* Produce technical documentation for software architecture, design, verification plans
* B.S. in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related engineering with 8+ years of design experience.
* Demonstrated experience in the design of avionics hardware and software systems
* Strong software development skills in real-time embedded systems, particularly in C/C++
* Highly organized team player with excellent technical written and verbal communication skills.
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* Experience in full lifecycle software development of real-time embedded system, including system design and analysis, requirement capture and development, software implementation and verification, system integration, qualification, and releasing.
* Experience with embedded, bare metal, RTOS for micro-controller, BSP, single or multi core micro-processors
* Experience in OO methodologies (C/C++), optimization techniques for high performance systems, profiling resource utilization
* Experience with networking protocols (TCP/IPv4/IPv6), for distributed systems, network topologies, routing, modeling, simulation, security, encryption, compression
* Experience with safety-critical software development.
* Familiarity with sensors and actuators, including accelerometers, pressure or temperature sensors, solenoids, servos.
* Hands on experience with Linux, GNU toolchain, Python, MATLAB/Simulink, real-time operating systems, serial communications, IP networking, SysML, GHS MULTI.
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.