The Software Quality Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the Software Engineering work products delivered to our customers meet their specified technical requirements and are developed using approved development processes and procedures. The Software Quality Engineer must be able to work within a cross-function, matrixed organization in which there is close interaction and collaboration with Program Quality and various Engineering disciplines.
The Software Quality Engineer is responsible for the development and implementation of an effective Software Quality program designed to minimize development risk and ensure technically correct work products. Responsible tasks include, but not limited to, analysis of software requirements, peer review of software and systems engineering artifacts (source code, design artifacts, test plans and procedures), performing independent assessments of software development process compliance, executing defect trend analysis and RCCA activities, and participating in final software acceptance testing and approval.
NOTE: This Individual can work in our McKinney, TX or Dallas, TX location.
Key Software Quality responsibilities may include:
* Support program, corporate and third-party audits and assessment.
* Participate in the software design, development, and integration and test phases of development.
* Support the transition to production activities including providing input to DFMA analysis and PFMEA.
* Preform independent software process and product assessments, root cause analysis and corrective/preventive action.
* Assure static analysis is performed on a regular basis and all static analysis results are dispositioned to the satisfaction of the program.
* Review correctness of formal test procedures and test configurations, and participate in qualification test, including post-test actions and requalification testing.
* Minimum 6+ years of related experience in Software Quality Engineering or Software Engineering
* Programming experience i.e. UNIX, Java, C, C++, or C#
* Knowledgeable of Software Processes; the Software Engineering Institute (SEI), the Capability Maturity Model (CMM) and Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI), the software lifecycle; requirements, design, implementation, and software testing
* Experience with the development and analysis of System/Software requirements
* Experience in supporting Agile/Scrum software development
* Proficient computer skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Must be able to effectively express ideas in written and verbal form
* Demonstrated problem solving, and organizational, planning, multitasking and interpersonal skills required
* Experience in holding a lead role on a project in a quality or engineering discipline
* Experience in supporting a product based matrixed organization with multiple programs, in various stages of development and production
* Experience in coordinating efforts across multiple programs, managing conflicting schedules and priorities
* Experience with providing shared resource support for efforts with multiple, varying levels of funding
* Ability to work with little supervision and direction
* This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance within 1 year of start date
* U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems as separate requirements within the basic qualifications/required skills list
* Active DoD Secret or Top Secret Clearance
* Experience in supporting multiple SW development teams in a compartmentalized security environment
* Knowledge in configuration management and control tools i.e. Rational ClearCase, ClearQuest, PDM, GIT, RTC
* Knowledge/experience with Agile Continuous Integration tools; JIRA, Fisheye/Crucible, JENKINS
* Experience in AS9100 and ISO 9001 requirements
Experience with Static Analysis Tools and Techniques
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Technology, or Quality
143462BR 143462 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
TX - Dallas
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.