What's the role?
* Read through user stories in Jira and understand your commitments
* Catch up with the team on what was accomplished yesterday and plan today's work
* Discuss the design and implementation approach of new features and negotiate acceptance criteria.
* Write clean, fast code to implement new features
* Learn and play with the code that is about to change and think how to improve it
* Make sure changing code has enough unit test coverage
* Read or watch some tech article, learn about new Java features, or the upcoming Star Wars movie
* Deploy a stack into AWS with your code
* Do a code review or respond to yours
* Celebrate successes with your team members
Who are you?
Talented - We're looking for someone who understands how all software components fit together. From persisting data to message processing, you understand how to create a highly scalable, highly available system deployed in the cloud (Flink, Storm, Akka, Spark, Kafka, Zookeeper and all things AWS). You have a solid understanding of Linux and container systems (Docker, ECS, Kubernetes).
Teammate - No one is an Island! Our teams are highly collaborative. You believe that a team can accomplish more than one person working alone and continuous improvement is key to a team's success. When you learn something new you are eager to share your findings with others
Adaptable - Our products are evolving and as they evolve our technical solutions evolve as well. You easily pick up new technologies and use those technologies to tackle problems in creative and innovative ways. You use processes like Agile and Lean to enable software development.
Driven - Figure it out! Creating and delivering valuable software is your top priority. You know your code will work because it is covered in tests. TDD and BDD are your main methods of achieving high test coverage. To deliver quickly, you believe automation is key.
* Bachelor or Master's Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent
* 5+ years of engineering experience
* Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision
* Excellent standout colleague with the ability to work within a collaborative environment
* Creative, resourceful and innovative problem solver
* Phenomenal interpersonal skills (including active listening and comprehending requirements)
* Comfortable with Python or other scripting language
* Prior experience with AWS
* Proven understanding of the Linux Penguin
* Familiar with Agile methodology
* Experience with BDD and TDD
* Visited and laughed at xkcd.com
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Who are we?
Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders?" You might be using HERE Technologies every single day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. We believe that with the right people, we will continue to be a game-changer in the technology industry and improve the daily lives of people around the world. Find out more by clicking the video below or going HERE
At Here, our philosophy is build it, break it and then rebuild it better. We are seeking a hardworking Sr. Software Engineer to work in the Connected Vehicle Services group. The team develops high-volume, low-latency, real-time event processing and machine learning systems in a cloud environment to enable "highly automated driving" cars.
We are hiring people to help us build systems that collect and analyze sensor data from cars and turn that data into the information that will enable self-driving cars.