Imagine what we can do together. At AT&T, we push the boundaries of innovation, creating new technology that improves the lives of our customers and employees. Our Architecture team offers the opportunity to design and develop the systems and solutions that drive our cutting edge video platform. We thrive on innovation that's driven by an inclusive and collaborative environment where your voice is heard, and opportunities are limitless. We're redefining the future of entertainment and communications, and we're looking for engineers with the courage to take big risks. Ready to push the limits? Discover the possibilities with AT&T.
About the Role
The Systems Engineering and Architecture team is seeking systems architect to work alongside our elite engineers to build a world-class video entertainment system. The qualified candidate possesses solid skills in the areas of. Successful candidates yearn to dig in to understand problems and then propose solutions. Above all, the role requires someone with the drive to learn new things and always go above and beyond what is required.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Work with other architecture team members and other stakeholders to develop architecture roadmaps * Translate business requirements into design strategies and patterns * Document and present overall system architecture and project requirements * Participate in architecture and design reviews between cross functional groups * Participate in new OTT video platform initiatives and on-going sustainment efforts * Assess trade options and present system architecture recommendations that are in-line with the strategic vision for the enterprise wide best practices * Research new trends and technologies for OTT video platforms * Participate in evaluation of vendor software selection targeted for possible integration, including strategic applications, tools, and utilitie * Identify opportunities for architectural improvements in current landscape * Participate in cross-functional collaborations to resolve problems * Troubleshoot OTT video platform related issues in lab and production environments Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or related subject
* 5+ years relevant experience as a software engineer, systems engineer or system architect in a fast-paced environment
* Understand various Cloud architecture and how those technologies can be leveraged in the context of video streaming; including experience with AWS or other cloud technologies
* Good understanding of Data management related to all phases of data collection, manipulation and interfacing with big data systems, including machine learning.
* Strong software development skills, including knowledge of software development methodologies and structured approaches to system development
* Experience in defining technical system requirements
* Experience in effectively operating within diverse and cross-functional groups
* Experience in fast paced environment with ability to adapt and change priorities as the business needs change
* Knowledge of software development methodologies and structured approaches to system development
* Leadership qualities, including meeting facilitation, time management, organizational skills and ability to influence others
* Excellent communication skills, including ability to tailor communication to audience to achieve desired results
* Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills, with strong interpersonal skills
Job ID 1905032 Date posted 06/19/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.