We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
Design, write program code, test, document, and implement functionally appropriately, technically sound, and well-integrated application systems in accordance with Customer requirements, and organizational methodologies and standards. Respond to production problems and implement immediate resolution efforts across technology areas.
* Responsible for leading the ABAP development and support for the SAP HCM and FI/CO modules at Southwest Airlines.Provide highly advanced technical expertise for SAP system design, development and maintenance, including integration to other systems. * Design, develop and test well-structured technical solutions for all types of WRICEFP (Workflows, Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Enhancements, Forms and Portal) objects. * Troubleshoot ABAP issues. * Provide leadership and coaching for the Team. * Analyze Panaya results and determine the impact of SAP upgrades and reconcile these impacts as dictated by SPAU and SPDD. * Partner with the functional team to assess operational and quality-related issues, identify gaps and manage closure of gaps, including Root Cause Analysis, Error Trend Analysis and Problem Management. * Provide proposals for ABAP redesign for performance improvements and tuning of ABAP objects as appropriate. * Apply SAP OSS Notes as recommended by SAP. * Perform code reviews and enforce Southwest Airlines development standards. * Ensure appropriate assessment of SAP OSS notes regarding relevance for the SAP HCM environment. * Complete tasks independently / interdependently.
* Effectively applies knowledge and skills of software development and testing to solve a range of problems. * Partners with other Technology Teammembers to provide advice or solutions within his or her area of expertise. * Keeps informed about current developments within his or her area of expertise.
* Proactively identifies problems, performs root cause analysis, investigates information, performs impact analysis; formulates and executes plans to develop solutions. * Identifies strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems. * Understands and can estimate effort and value for solutions * Understands at a broad level how technology platforms/architectures are applied to automated business solutions.
Systems Development Engineering:
* Facilitate or complete Analysis, design, and programming of viable solutions to high complexity business problems according to user specifications. * Develop or approve detail program specifications. * Partner with Enterprise Architecture to evaluate and recommend emerging technologies, and influence technical designs.
Testing / Deliverable Quality:
* Participate in system and acceptance testing. * Ensure that systems are functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well integrated. * Test and implement system and enhancements using techniques that preserve system integrity.
* Responsible for immediate response to production program issues.
* Sets up or follows established procedures and standards to ensure high quality and quantity of work. * Understand dependency identification processes in technology work, verifies information and carefully reviews and checks the accuracy of own work. * Establishes or follows prioritization processes to drive work and has a sense of urgency about getting work completed. * Looks for and seizes opportunities to do more or to do things better. * Analyze and resolve multiple complex problems without direction. * Research and recommend alternative actions for problem resolution. * Employ productivity aids in all aspects of assignments. * Highly organized and self-directed.
* Appropriately shares ideas and information with others. * Practices attentive and active listening. * Ensures that regular and consistent communications take place. * Expresses ideas clearly and concisely in writing. * Expresses oneself clearly in conversation and interaction with others.
Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
* BS, Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems, or equivalent formal training required.
* Minimum of 5 years work experience as a Software Engineer or equivalent role required.
* May be asked on occasions to lift and/or pull weights loads of approx. 20 lbs. on a periodic basis. * May require extended work hours per Leaders' request. * May be asked to climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a periodic basis.
* Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies, practices, concepts, and technologies obtained through formal training and / or work experience. * Advanced knowledge of at least one required programming language. * Excellent verbal and written communication skills. * Experience with understanding business requirements, performing technical analysis and design, coding, testing and implementing customizations within the SAP software environment. * Experience and knowledge of key integration points between SAP HCM and FI/CO modules. * Experience with Object-Oriented programming, ALE/IDoc, ALV, Module Pool, BDC/Call Transaction, RFC, BAPI, LSMW, User Exits, Adobe Forms. * Experience creating data elements and structures using the SAP Data Dictionary. * Ability to map business requirements to technical architecture, standards and reusable objects. * Knowledge of integration points and the order in which these must be executed. * Working knowledge of PI. * Thorough understanding of HCM Personnel Administration and Organizational Management Infotypes. * Experience developing programs to read Payroll Results. * Knowledge of TREX. * Excellent ABAP coding skills
* Excellent partnering, communication, and negotiation skills in working with various Technology or partner Teams. * Able to analyze large, complex, and vague Business or technical problems, articulating the problem or root cause, and translating the analysis into viable solution recommendations. * Able to work effectively in a strong Customer service / team oriented environment. * Able to take on multiple assignments, whether administrative or project related, while maintaining a successful level of completion in all responsible work. Able to mentor others to do the same. * Able to prioritize effectively. * Able to develop, present and effectively communicate ideas and strategies to a variety of audiences. * Able to teach and mentor others concerning technical and business subjects. * Able to manage ambiguity in a positive manner.
* Limited travel with potential for increased/decreased travel based upon Technology Department needs. * Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines. * Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines. * Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Southwest Airlines
Southwest Airlines is an airline low-cost carrier.