Title Sr. Software Engineer
We are seeking a Sr. Software Engineer with Microsoft .Net and relational database experience and a passion to build great software to join our growing engineering team. You will be responsible for building and maintaining EPFR Global's Microsoft Azure hosted software platform. Your ideas and contributions will directly influence the company's future. Your primary focus will be on backend development, however, there are plenty of opportunities to leverage your frontend skills as well. The software you will be building will be used to deliver large, complex datasets to our worldwide customers. You will be working in a Scrum environment so a commitment to collaborative problem solving is essential.
* Participate in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
* Ability to take ownership of a project and execute it with technical excellence
* Translate requirements into high-quality, testable, scalable software.
* Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues.
* Be a team player and collaborate with and train others in the organization as needed.
* Develop documentation throughout the SDLC.
* Participate in code reviews and design discussions.
* Proficiency in C# and .Net is required. .Net Core experience is a plus.
* Web Development experience using ASP.NET MVC or Web API is required.
* Experience building database-driven applications using SQL Server, Entity Framework or ADO.Net is required.
* Relational database experience including schema design, writing SQL queries, and basic SQL tuning concepts is required.
* Understanding of object-oriented programming is required.
Nice to have
* Understanding of writing testable software is required. Experience writing unit tests is a plus.
* Familiarity with design and architectural patterns to build scalable, maintainable, and testable software.
* NuGet experience is a plus.
* Microsoft Azure or other Cloud experience is a plus
* Proficiency with GitHub and Jira is a plus
* TeamCity or other Build Server experience is a plus.
* Financial Experience is a plus
Our Business Intelligence Division provides the niche, sector-specific intelligence and analysis that gives customers a competitive advantage. We focus on the areas that are most valuable to customers: where intelligence can be directly integrated into their workflow and practices, and where it is predictive and prescriptive, targeted at what will happen and what actions businesses can take, rather than what has happened already.
The Division's sector focus, deep specialism, long-standing brands and investment in digital platforms and delivery sets us apart from peers. Learn more about the six verticals Business Intelligence serves within the Divisions section.
We're passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be better companies. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work is the right thing to do.
What makes Informa different:
* Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
* Competitive Benefits with 401k match
* Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
* Work- Life Balance
* Paid parental leave
Informa provides knowledge, up-to-the minute information, and specialist skills and services to academics, businesses, and individuals.