Advanced software technologies are critical to Raytheon's Space and Airborne Systems' strategic business areas - Advanced Concepts & Technologies (ACT), Electronic Warfare Systems (EWS), Integrated Communication Systems (ICS), Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR), Secure Sensor Solutions (S3), and Space Systems (SS).
Our Space Programs lead the industry in demonstrating the speed and agility required for next generation responsive space missions. A qualified candidate for the Space Programs will apply technical principles, theories, and concepts associated with software development and design for Object Oriented systems. Responsibilities include support to requirements management/development, software architecting and preliminary design. Additional responsibilities include: software development of data processing systems, and unit and module software test activities. Development is performed in a cloud base environment using Agile principles.
The candidate must be a self-starter, have the ability to work independently, and the ability to manage personal workload to meet assigned deadlines. The candidate should have experience successfully working in an Agile collaborative environment. The candidate will be involved with the planning, conduct, and coordination of software designs, software architecture, and documentation.
* Requires US Citizenship as candidate will be required to have a US Security Clearance day one of employment*
* 4+ years of related technical individual contributor experience in large team software engineering development.
* BS degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Physics, or related field.
* Experience in Object Oriented C/C++, Python.
* Experience in Agile software development.
* Experience with development in a cloud environment.
* Experience in full life-cycle software development, implementation, design and overall architecture.
* Experience with software test activities.
* Experience presenting to and interfacing with both internal and external customers.
* US Citizenship and the ability to access US only data systems.
* Active TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly Clearance.
* MS degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Physics, or related field.
* Experience with development on large ground stations.
* Experience with micro-services architecture.
* Experience with space command and control.
* Understanding of software development best practices and processes.
* Knowledge of MS Office or other presentation tools.
134532BR 134532 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.