Newmark Knight Frank (NKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.
Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently-owned offices, NKF's 14,100 professionals operate from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents.
NKF Global Technology team is currently seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer. The role of Application Expert is to support the software development activities for internal and client engagements. The candidate will contribute to the successful technical design, code development and provide support for ARCHIBUS projects. This will include participation in all aspects of software development; coding, storage, version control, testing and re-use. Ideal candidate has experience in a range of software development methods, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) tools, concepts and techniques.
Essential Job Duties:
* Provide software development expertise. Ensure that development efforts in are in support of client functional requirements
* Find efficient software development solutions based on existing application experience and knowledge
* Understand the specific software/architecture domain(s) and the ability to apply sound software development concepts and techniques to deliver on the functional design
* Effectively communicate software development objectives, schedules and status with management, clients and other stakeholders
* Monitor assigned project activities and meet required deadlines
* Provide domain expertise around specific areas of software development
* Perform functional testing for developed code leveraging client use cases
* Materially contribute to the production of software documentation and code libraries
* Monitor, review and resolve code related issues in a timely manner
Skills, Education, and Experience:
* 2-5 years experience in software development with a focus on web development tools and environments.
* Prior experience using Eclipse, and either Tomcat or Jetty.
* Specific experience in Java framework and developing data driven applications to work with Database Management Systems such as Oracle and SQL Server.
* Working knowledge of Adobe Flash
* Experience in analysis, design, development, and application deployment of large scale Java centric enterprise
* Working knowledge of RDBMS platforms and SQL including ORACLE, MS SQL Server and/or Sybase SQL Anywhere.
* Conceptual to working knowledge in Crystal Reports, Business Objects or similar reporting software.
* Conceptual to working knowledge of Facilities, Real Estate and Asset Management industry and practices.
* Conceptual to working knowledge of AutoCAD, Auto Lisp and document management
* Must be willing to travel within the US 25% to 50% of the time
Benefits and Perks:
* Industry leading Parental Leave Policy (up to 16 weeks)
* Generous healthcare
* Bright Horizons back-up care program
* Generous paid time off
* Education reimbursement
* Referral Program
* Opportunities to network and connect
Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Newmark Knight Frank and the job location.
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
About BGC Partners
BGC Partners is a brokerage company servicing the wholesale financial and real estate markets.