Mobile Shopping (mShop) is one of the fastest growing strategic businesses within Amazon. Our scale is billions of dollars and hundreds of millions of monthly customers. Our team is responsible for creating the best shopping experience for customers wherever and whenever they shop on their Android, iOS, and FireTV experiences. We are passionate about building, testing, and releasing scalable, well-designed software. We constantly improve our technical foundation and customer experience. As the leader for all Quality, Tooling, and Operational Excellence initiatives on the AppX team within the Mobile Shopping team, you'll have a direct and huge impact on how customers, even friends and family, engage with Amazon.
We are looking for a leader to build a high performing organization. You will be responsible for leading a team of talented SDES, SDETs, and QA Engineers responsible for the Amazon app for iPhone, Android Phone, and FireTV. The successful candidate will look at the big picture from business and technical perspectives and will have proven experience driving quality and stability for a 24x7 environment. The candidate should have a passion for building new quality development initiatives, automation, and tooling innovation to support the growing scale and complexity.
The role can be located in either the San Francisco or Cupertino office.
The successful candidate will:
* Be responsible for the end to end ownership of a world-wide SDET and QA team, including setting the technical vision for developing test frameworks and automation for our systems to serve the Amazon app and FireTV app customers
* Build and manage SDETs and QAEs that are responsible for developing and maintaining software for testing our end-to-end stack.
* Be a champion of quality and operational excellence: establish overall team metrics for measurement of quality and operational excellence and a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvements.
* Establish a consistent, project management framework and excellent development processes to deliver high quality software, in rapid iterations, for business partners in multiple geographies.
* Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long term vision.
* Be responsible for mentoring and developing engineers.
* Raise the bar on technical excellence, show thought leadership, and communicate well to different audiences.
About the hiring team:
We created the App Experiences (AppX) team to explore new ways for Amazon customers to complete common shopping tasks quicker, browse more efficiently, and discover new features. We build new iOS & Android features addressing customer frustrations and innovate on core shopping functions like the personalized navigation menu, location awareness, and browsing; identifying core shopping experiences that are not mobile optimized, and fix them. We define what it means to shop on large screen TVs and experiment quickly to understand what TV shopping customers want. We spend a lot of time thinking about what mobile shopping means and how we do it correctly with strong partnerships between dev, product, and design competencies. Our toughest problems are crafting world-class UX experiences and every pixel matters to our customers. We are innovators at heart.
We love to work with smart people who have a strong sense of ownership and strong engineering mindset. You are a technical leader for your team and a great people manager. You're up to the challenge of mobile network limitations, device fragmentation, and ensuring the quality and stability of an end-to-end platform and customer experiences. You deeply invest in each colleague's career growth, improving their technical knowledge, and defining your team's operational metrics.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.