Senior Software Development Manager - Amazon Alexa Cambridge, MA.
Alexa is a cloud-based voice service that powers Amazon Echo family of devices to enable interactions with technology using just your voice. The Alexa Experience group is responsible for inventing software and experiences that deliver groundbreaking voice-forward and multimodal customer experiences, worldwide. We build delightful consumer-facing experiences focused on the voice of the customer and other feedback loops.
As a Senior Manager of Software Development, you will be responsible for leading an organization of engineers to define, design, develop, test, deploy and operate large scale distributed systems targeted to making Alexa more knowledgeable through the use of feedback loops and machine learning. A successful candidate will have an established background in driving clarity in highly ambiguous technical environments, developing long-term technical roadmaps, a strong technical ability to guide and coach, excellent project management skills, great communication skills and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be responsible for building, maintaining and organizing your teams, defining the technical strategy and product roadmap for your organization, as well as defining, measuring and reporting on your organization's key performance metrics.
* Responsible for the overall systems development life cycle
* Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
* Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering organization
* Work closely with your teams to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
* Report on status of development, quality, operations and system performance to leadership and peers
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.