Amazon's Vertical Ad Products team is looking for exceptional software engineers to build sophisticated distributed systems for our next generation ad programs. This team is responsible to build advertising systems that help deliver offers and advertisements on Amazon.com, Amazon devices such as the Fire TV, Fire Tablet, and Kindle, and other Amazon owned and operated properties.
We are continuously adding new products and features across a variety of advertising programs. We strive to provide valuable offers and deals to Amazon customers across the world, powering advertising opportunities to advertisers who want to display their products globally. We offer a creative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you'll be at the center of Amazon innovation. This is your opportunity to help us in exploring new ideas, technology and Amazon products with the goal of expanding our advertising products for customers. You will be continually experimenting with new models that will delight our customers with cool stuff they really want, and apply innovative ideas to simplify existing models to provide faster, better and more optimized experiences.
This is a strategic initiative for the company. We believe that this part of Amazon is still in a nascent stage. The growth potential is huge, and we are growing quickly.
What about you?
You are enthusiastic about helping in defining our products, shaping ambiguous business goals into working software solutions. You are comfortable taking initiative and working across teams in a relatively unstructured environment. You have well-honed, insightful architectural design instincts, and enjoy building simple and elegant systems that will scale to support millions of users. Passion for the customer and their experience with our products is a key requirement for you. As an engineer, you enjoy working on MVP products, innovating on behalf of the customer, and building systems that will form the foundation of this highly strategic new businesses.
It won't be easy. The challenges that come with scale and the semi-connected nature of Amazon devices will pose interesting, unique technical problems. These are big challenges that will move the needle for our advertising program.
If you enjoy working on (i) technologies spanning User Experience / Front end, Big Data, web services & the Data Layer, (ii) solving complex problems using cutting edge technologies and (iii) distributed computing challenges on a massive scale, this is the right place for you!
Come help us take this to the next level!
* Restlessly educate and drive adoption within the team of the best software engineering practices (testability, automation, latency, code delivery). As a Sr. SDE you will set the bar on these chapters and it will be main focus.
* Work directly with the SDM, to design the long term architecture of the systems and products in the team's portfolio.
* Actively design, develop and oversee implementation of scalable software systems
* Directly responsible of cross-team and away team efforts where experience, fast ramp-up and good decisions are critical to the success of the projects
* Technical leadership for non-senior engineers across the sub-teams, by means of feedback during design reviews, office hours, formal and informal mentorship, software development process documentation
* Attend to both Ad Organization and outside Design Reviews and keep informed about new technology and the latest changes in the architecture of other teams and educate the team when appropriate on these matters
* Ensure and set a high bar on Operational Excellence and Systems Security for all our applications and services by auditing and continuously improving existing processes
What does it take to succeed in this role?
You'd have to be technically strong as a full stack engineer, knowing from scalable, secure and low latency Java services to latest UI technologies. Main role is to create impact on setting the bar high and making the right architectural decisions, so restlessness on advocating and ensuring the highest bar on engineering practices. We know that this would be tiring but to be successful long term the Sr. SDE needs to have that impact of growing the quality of the design solutions and software development practices for the entire team.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.