Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Workday's Security Development organization is looking for talented individuals to take our authentication and data security infrastructure to new heights. Workday supports and promotes a variety of authentication standards. Once authenticated, access to data, reports and services is controlled by Workday's configurable security model, which flexibly enables different data access levels for different data consumers within the system.
Design and develop our next generation server responsible for mapping data retrieved from our proprietary metadata storage technology into a usable and elegant application infrastructure. Because our system is metadata driven, server engineers are completely focused on building a high performing infrastructure leaving the application business logic in the capable hands of application developers.
Curious, and can cover the requirements below? Give us a shout!
* Work closely with Product Management to define new application framework features insuring a high performing and ultra-usable user experience.
* Collaborate with peers on technical design, work estimation and implementation of new features including interfaces/contracts with storage system, data transformation and handoff to front end technology.
* Keep on top of task and bug management system for assigned issues each sprint as well as estimating and assessing priority.
* Prepare for sprint planning by understanding the details (effort, risk, priority) of remaining work committed for an update.
* Perform peer code reviews as part of everyday workflow.
* Contribute ideas for continually improving the team's productivity, job enjoyment, and code quality.
* Have fun engineering software.
* 5+ years experience in Object Oriented Design and Programming
* Java, XML, Spring are required.
* Utilizing JUnit, or JMock
* Solid grasp and fluent in common Design Patterns
* Must have a disciplined, methodical, minimalist approach to designing and constructing layered software components that can be embedded within larger frameworks or applications.
* Ability to deliver on time working in a fast paced agile environment.
* Ability to work with product managers to clarify and prune requirements.
* Bachelors Degree or higher. Computer Science/Engineering major is preferable.
Nice To Have:
* User authentication experience with some of the following: LDAP, SSO, Delegated Authentication, Account Provisioning, PCI Security Standards, x509, SAML, OAuth.
* Experience with Scala.
* Experience with SaaS security infrastructure.
Workday is a company providing enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources.