The Surface Team focuses on building devices that fully express the Windows vision-devices that enable the experiences people want and elicit their excitement. We gain customer loyalty when they trust us to continue making their experience with Surface even better as they use the devices we create.
The Surface Commercial and Apps team does just that-we are committed to improving the Surface experience for our customers. Through a variety of listening systems, we measure our customer's greatest needs and collaborate across various teams to identify and implement software solutions which may be delivered directly to our customers via either dedicated applications and services, or the Windows Update service. In doing so, we enable them to achieve more
* BS or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
* Minimum of 7 years of experience as a Software Development Engineer
* Minimum of 2 years of experience using C# or C++
* Experienced with at least two end-to-end product cycles as a developer
* Experienced with desktop application development technologies such as WPF, UWP, WinForms, Win32, etc
* Ability to ramp-up quickly on complex and unfamiliar code in various technologies
* Ability to debug across various environments to quickly identify and resolve issues spanning multiple subsystems and organizations.
* Enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven.
* High tolerance to ambiguity and ability make progress in the face of it.
* Experience with WPF, ASP.NET, and .NET Core are a plus.
* Experience with Device Driver or Firmware development is a plus.
* Strong communication skills and ability to work across multiple disciplines and functions (PM, Test, Hardware, etc.)
* Some domestic and international travel may be necessary
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The Surface development team is seeking a talented software development engineer with a strong design, leadership, and cross-organization collaboration background. Job responsibilities encompass designing and implementing desktop applications for retail and enterprise customers to manage, configure, update, and diagnose devices and accessories. These applications are part of strategic efforts with direct business impact that you, as a Leader in the team, will help design, plan, and execute. Such applications may also require device driver and firmware modifications to enable new business and consumer scenarios. You will play a critical role in fulfilling our goals of making the Surface devices the most desired device for Fortune 500 enterprises to adopt. Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills are required. This role involves working across different Microsoft teams and with enterprise customers, partners, and suppliers. You need to be a team player who works well in a collaborative environment with peers in other development disciplines, organizations, and companies.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.