Join us in building the next generation of distributed systems and database technologies to power AWS and Amazon.com.
The cloud computing platform Amazon Web Services (AWS) has provided a highly robust and scalable web services platform for years. As AWS and Amazon.com continue to grow, to serve more customers, and to support more products, the foundational technologies of AWS also need to evolve and support new use cases and larger scale than ever before. The AWS Transactional Services team in Seattle is building distributed systems and database technologies that offer innovative solutions to this growth. The team is offering a set of services, APIs and libraries to other Amazon teams. Our customers are a wide range of internal teams, from AWS to Alexa, each of them looking for technology solutions that help them to achieve their goals.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be joining the team that builds these solutions. Our systems are scalable, fast, low-latency, and offer elegant solutions to our customers' complex problems.
Your responsibilities include:
* Invent, design, and develop highly available and scalable distributed systems and database technologies.
* Own the delivery of software development projects end-to-end.
* Work with other engineers to establish best practices in software development and operational processes.
* Work with team members to manage the day-to-day development activities, participate in designs, design reviews, code reviews, and implementation.
* Engage with customers via e.g. forum posts, blog posts, and meet-ups.
* Mentor other, more junior, engineers.
* Keep up to date with new technologies used in the field and by our customers, to stay current in our rapidly changing environment.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.