Do you want to influence, design, and build tools that solve Amazon-scale, world-class analytical problems? Are you passionate about Big Data, machine learning, and/or econometrics? The Economic Trends and Insights (YETI) team is building and scaling an Automated Insights tool to spread data science across the Finance organization and turn Big Data into big business insights. Products include unsupervised and supervised anomaly detection, dynamic growth decomposition, automated attribution models, extreme weather impact models, and user tools to unlock the power of data for both technical and non-technical users within Finance.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you are a technical leader not only on the team, but within the Consumer Finance organization. You will define the technical vision to build and scale the team's software across all of Amazon Consumer, and use your expertise and Customer Obsession to influence Finance leadership to understand new areas for technological innovation around insight generation and automated analytics. You will work with SDMs and Senior Managers to define the strategic roadmap to empower the team to iterate fast and to achieve operational excellence. You will expand upon analytical frameworks and algorithms to provide user tools for our customers. You will stretch your Curiosity by defining and building end-to-end analytical products based on cutting edge machine learning and econometric theory. You will collaborate with Senior Scientists and Engineers across Amazon to deliver prototypes and production systems for our end users. This role has the opportunity to work with a variety of functional areas: Big Data processing, time-series prediction, anomaly detection, attribution modeling, supervised and unsupervised learning, etc. This role requires the use of distributed computation systems, the processing and visualization of Big Data, and the application of advanced statistical algorithms. A successful candidate will have a passion for innovation, interest in cutting-edge technology, and excitement about working in a high-impact domain with high leadership visibility.
* Lead and mentor the team to build scalable and fault-tolerant software systems
* Advise SDMs and Senior managers on technical decision and software development roadmap
* Communicate technical vision to Finance leadership
* Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and system design
* Deliver high-quality software systems and features for customers
* Collaborate with scientists and economists to turn algorithms into production software
* Own the software development process end-to-end, including design, architecture, planning, implementation, testing, and operation of new systems and features
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.