Amazon Influencer Program is looking for an experience Sr. Software Development Engineer who can play a pivotal role in guiding the engineering future of our program.
Amazon Associates is the world's largest affiliate program. It's success has been built on a rich selection of websites and blogs, all creating original content relevant to products sold on Amazon. With the meteoric rise of social media, a new segment has emerged - Influencers. Influencers are either famous in their own right (sports, music, movie stars) or social media stars, but they all have one thing in common - they are tastemakers with hundreds of thousands or millions of followers. Our team manages the Amazon Influencer Program, which gives influencers an easy way to earn money by referring traffic to Amazon from social media. Our long team vision is to grow the program into a premier influencer marketing program connecting influencers with brands, as brands are increasingly adopting marketing strategies that incorporate a wide range of influencers to drive sales.
The successful candidate will be a seasoned engineer who likes working with a wide array of technologies (High scale distributed services, Native AWS, Machine Learning, etc.). She/he will help successfully launch projects of significant impact and balance technology decisions with business value created. She/he will be someone who is a visionary leader, builder and operator and someone who cares passionately about being heavily involved in solving additional challenges such as fixing architectural deficiencies, innovating faster, developing junior engineers, etc. She/he will have strong leadership qualities, great judgment, clear communication skills and a track record of delivering great products.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will be expected to:
* Simplify processes and technologies while advocating a long-term view.
* Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
* Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional projects.
* Help establish technical standards and drive the overall technical architecture and engineering practices.
* Making significant contributions to the team roadmap and future planning.
* Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring junior engineers on advanced technical issues and helping manager guide the career growth of junior engineers.
* Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.