How would you like to join a group of highly efficient, increasingly dynamic and ever-growing software professionals as part of the Digital Platforms team? We are responsible for all aspects of consumer- facing software solutions for Starz. With a small team and a startup-feel, the breadth of opportunity within this technology organization is vast and continually growing. From browsers and mobile devices, websites and native apps, game consoles and home media streamers - our teams are working on it all. We do full vertical slice product and software development - from UX and design to client and backend services development. We're committed to staying current, working within modern technologies and investing in our people through training and team development. If you are a software professional who is excited about working in the entertainment industry and making a difference to Starz subscribers then this is the team for you.
As a senior software developer you will be a key contributor to one or more highly interactive product teams. You'll spend your time meeting with your leadership team, gathering and understanding product requirements, proposing solutions, presenting ideas and building elegant software. You'll work with professionals from within the team (UX, Client Developers, and Application Engineers) and in partner organizations (Quality Assurance, Environment Support) to ensure that your solutions are high quality and are compatible within the existing Starz infrastructure.
If you're a rugged individualist who can analyze, create and enhance compelling, flexible and scalable products then this is the place for you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Create, build and maintain software solutions using a variety of modern technologies. * Contribute to the design, architecture and final implementation of Starz's and Lionsgate's TVE platforms. * Invent flexible solutions to challenging technical problems that are adaptable and scalable to future business needs. * Participate in code reviews with staff as necessary to ensure a high quality, performant product. * Collaborate with the broader Digital Platforms team including the leadership team, quality assurance professionals, designers, business analysts and other software engineers in an open, creative environment. * Be a subject matter expert for our client applications, backend services and business. * Contribute to all aspects of the software creation process: * Software architecture and design * Object-oriented development * Unit testing/test-driven development * Integration testing * Deployment * Maintenance * Post-deployment production support and troubleshooting
* Enthusiastically pursue additional training and understanding of new technologies that may be relevant to the Digital Platforms team. Advise management on strategies for use of new technologies. * Take troubleshooting and debugging to the next level by implementing tools/products alongside the operations and support teams. * Implement utilities to support future development on the software, customer/business activities and maintenance of the production environment. * Self-manage smaller projects in partnership with our UX and Client Development Teams by providing technical leadership. * Design solutions (verses only complete assigned tickets and maintenance tasks). * Conquer more complicated development tasks - contribute to > 75% of the very difficult assignments. * Work collaboratively with Principal Architects on new concepts and architecture. * Mentor other developers/application engineers in methodologies, design patterns, software architecture. * Demonstrate and commonly use more advanced algorithms and designs to simplify and improve system performance or maintainability. * Work/communicate with offshore resources.
Systems & Applications
Thorough understanding and first hand use of modern development tools/code versioning tools including: JIRA, GIT, Bamboo, etc.
Knowledge and consumer level experience with at least a few of the following devices expected: Internet browsers (Chrome, IE, Firefox, etc), Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, TV), Android devices, Xbox One, Roku, Samsung Smart TV, Fire TV.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline is preferred * 8-10+ years experience in an enterprise or consumer software development environment. * 5+ years agile software development experience. * High degree of competency in core software development concepts. * Strong knowledge of .NET web framework * Strong understanding of object-oriented programming * Strong knowledge of the ecosystem, including various adjunct technologies * Strong knowledge of cloud environments (Amazon, Google, Azure) * Expert level programming skills creating internet-scale web services using * C#/VB.Net, ASP.NET, MVC, WebApi, Entity Framework, and AWS Services like DynamoDB, ElastiCache, EBS/ECS, etc. * Experience with modern frameworks and design patterns, minimum five years' experience with a MVC paradigm.
* Experience with at least one enterprise level database system (Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL). Experience with NoSQL (Cassandra, DynamoDB) a plus * Must possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills which will be used to diagnose, debug and solve issues. * Ability to write clean, readable, maintainable code * Experience working within video delivery/streaming technologies a plus. * Experience working with analytics platforms a plus. * Experience working with Splunk a plus. * Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Travel & Proximity Requirements
An Ideal candidate is located in the Denver-Metro area and is capable of being based in Englewood, Colorado at Starz Headquarters.
* Employees working in the Englewood offices may be asked to travel 1-2 times per year for training or to attend industry conferences.
STARZ (www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), is a leading global media and entertainment company that provides premium subscription video programming on domestic U.S. pay television networks and produces and distributes content for worldwide audiences, including its investment in the STARZ PLAY Arabia OTT service.
STARZ is the ultimate destination for obsessable TV, movies and more. Characters who pull you in and stories that stay with you. From bold Original Series to the best movies, whatever you love, STARZ ignites your passions.
STARZ offers a competitive compensation package and an attractive benefits program to all eligible employees including a variety of healthcare plans, dental and vision insurance, 401k, life/disability insurance. Eligible employees will enjoy paid time off in the form of vacation and company holidays.
STARZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that all applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of gender, age, race, national origin, disability, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, STARZ will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Starz Networks is a leading provider of premium subscription video programming through the flagship.